To apply for one of the positions below, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your notice period and salary expectations.
Travel Consultants - £16,000-£24,000 plus uncapped Sales Incentive Scheme (Commission)
Exploring the lush, rice terraces of Ubud; observing the magnificent Great Migration in Botswana; soaring in a seaplane over the spectacular attols of the Maldives; or watching the Caribbean sunset while sipping a refreshing planters punch. Imagine if this was part of your sales job and you could book it for yourself, or for a customer, with the same excitement and motivation? You can, as a travel consultant with Destinology.
Destinology are the experts in luxury travel. Service and quality is at the heart of everything we do. We’re honoured to have won many awards and accolades over the years including British Travel Awards, TTG Awards, Coolbrands and Feefo Gold Trusted Merchant. However, the best reward is that our customers come back and book their holidays with us time and again.
We’re at a very exciting period of growth in our company and we are hiring six travel consultants. If you’re a sales consultant who lives, breathes and talks of luxury travel, to all continents of the world; your dream job could be matched up with your dream holidays. Destinology works with a discerning, loyal customer base. We want you to fulfil their dreams by using your exceptional knowledge on luxury travel to deliver an 8-star service.
This isn’t a highly-pressurised sales job with lots of cold calling. We don’t do cold calls. If you’re not working with repeat customers, you’ll be dealing with warm leads gained from our brilliant marketing team. Of course, you’ll have targets, we want to grow our customer base and increase repeat business. However, you’ll also have the guidance of a great sales manager, the camaraderie of a superb sales team and the overall support from the business.
Every Destinology holiday is unique; tailor-made by you, the customer’s personal travel consultant. We all have different tastes and preferences when booking a holiday, so you’ll listen carefully to the customer to create their ideal itinerary and add those little personal touches that make a big difference. Whether it’s securing their place at a “fully booked” hotel or arranging a special welcome for them, you’ll build up the connections at our resorts that can make a real difference to our customer’s holiday.
The customer journey is paramount, from the moment you make contact, we want them to feel they can call you at any time with questions about destinations, activities, journey times and costs, amongst other things. People will want to talk to you because of your friendly, outgoing and caring attitude. You’ll provide expert advice through your own extensive knowledge and by attending our in-house product training sessions. Then, of course, you’ll have two or three amazing familiarisation trips a year, to learn more about our offerings.
Staff welfare is extremely important to us, happy employees means happy customers and this is evident through our long-term staff retention. You will be based in our headquarters, in the Horwich area of Lancashire, where we have a fun office environment whilst delivering first class professionalism. Benefits include discounted holidays; workplace pension; life assurance; child care vouchers; eyesight test vouchers; concessions and free car parking.
You don’t need previous experience in travel sales. However, you must have an infatuation with holidaying around the world, while your customer care must be out of this world.
If you’re confident you can help us win our next customer service award, send in your CV, along with a covering letter telling us why you are ideally matched for this job to email@example.com. .......Who knows where Destinology can take you!
Net Web Developer
Job Title: Net Web Developer
Salary: Dependent on experience
The primary focus on this role is a skilled programmer who has demonstrable experience in utilising C# .Net applications.
o Understanding and utilisation experience of core Analysis and Development technologies including C# .NET 4.5, SQL Server 2012 and SQL as well as prevailing tools for modelling/simulation, planning, prototyping and mocking etc.
o Working knowledge of HTML, CSS and client-side scripting
o Knowledge or understanding of MVVM frameworks, e.g. Knockout, Backbone and Angular.
o Understanding of ECommerce specific coding and testing processes and procedures.
o Good knowledge of windows server application like IIS
o Test Driven Development knowledge
o Knowledge and ability to utilise MVC software architecture framework
o Takes ownership of deliverables, work under own initiative and manages own timescales
o Adapts quickly to changing priorities and workloads
o Understands competing objectives of commercial benefit and internal quality and when to make effective compromises
o Communicates effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel
o Understanding of PCI and OWASP security vulnerabilities
o Good knowledge of W3C usability requirements together with other related legislation such as PCIDSS and cookie regulations
o Good knowledge of testing methodologies
o Basic understanding of project management methodologies
Working as part of the IT Development team, the successful candidate will undertake the technical development of group owned areas of www.destinology.co.uk and other digital platforms. Some of the main tasks you can expect to be involved in include:
o Ability to communicate with business users to capture and document in a clear and concise way the requirements of change
o Detailed analysis of user requirements for new systems and the continued maintenance/enhancement of current systems. Provide advice where alternative solutions exist
o Provision of estimates for fixes/enhancements/new systems requested by the business
o Produce Functional Specifications using jargon free language which can be understood by users
o Produce technical specifications where appropriate
o Programming in relevant languages as appropriate with adherence to best practice in security, usability and accessibility.
o Unit testing, system testing and user training. Assist users with their acceptance testing.
o Ensure that all work undertaken has been documented on the correct forms with authorising signatures in place before putting the fix/enhancement/new system forward for application to the ‘live’ environment using the Change Management Procedure (Fast Track or Release).
o Ensure that appropriate levels of documentation are in place.
o Any other duties requested by IT Management.
o There will be project work to complete, which should be done in a professional manner.
o Manage any risks or controls delegated to this position as detailed in the relevant risk registers, in line with the business's risk policy
o Minimum of 2 years web development experience
o Degree level education preferable
· Excellent communicator both to IT and Stakeholders
· A pragmatic understanding of the project and application lifecycle and how these can be appropriately applied
· Ability to liaise with business users and 3rd party suppliers to understand requirements and produce positive solution outcomes to technical challenges
· Able to demonstrate a good understanding and experience in building software solutions
· Demonstrable experience (both technical and business centric) of application solutions accounted for by this role
· Demonstrable experience in the timely delivery of projects
· Logical approach to problem solving and ability to work under pressure
· Proactive and positive approach, supports the company, the brand and the Destinology Way
There will be project work to complete, which should be done in a professional manner. The duties listed are not exhaustive. Additional hours of work may be required, as determined by the needs of the business. Managers and staff may be required to undertake additional duties, responsibilities and projects as appropriate.
We are seeking an experienced Aviation Executive to join our Ticketing Team.
The role of Aviation Executive is a diverse and busy role within our Ticketing Team.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
• Ensure the smooth running of the department at all times
• Manage the queues within Amadeus
• Issuing all tickets within the time limit set by the airline
• Managing involuntary flight schedule changes, updating PNR’s and overcoming any issues that may have occurred as a result of the change
• Re-issuing tickets both automated or manually
• Dealing with contracts IT / BT net tickets and published fares
• Cancelling and refunding tickets plus updating files to ensure everything is correct
• Issuing EMD’s for all manner of extras
• Contacting airlines to help solve problems and or help with issues we may have
• Mark-up and review new fares in FareXpert to allow distribution into Amadeus
• Assist in working towards individual airline targets
• Support the sales team with help on itineraries, pricing and obtaining the best fares
• Ensure all areas of the business are aware of any key offers we may have
• Participate in training sessions to ensure the highest level of knowledge is gained
• Working closely with our Helpdesk to assist with clients with any in resort issues
• Offering support on a rota basis at weekends throughout the year and evenings during our peak trading months
• Provide weekly BSP reports and answer queries that may arise
We are ideally seeking someone with the following Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
• Comprehensive knowledge of Amadeus including fares, revalidations, re-issues and refunds Good geographical and product knowledge of destinations, cities and airlines
• Possess good time management skills and the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
• Good working knowledge of manual fare construction and airline fare rules applicable to the issuance of tickets
• Minimum 2 years current Amadeus GDS experience
• Experience in dealing with airline contracts
• Experience of FareXpert (not essential)
• Good standard of education and be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
• High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
• A friendly, approachable, professional team player with excellent communication skills who is able to contribute a positive vibe to the team and support others in time of high workload
• High levels of pro-activity; good organisation and planning skills
• The ability to work well on their own as well as part of a busy team
• A willingness to work flexible shifts to support the needs of the business
• Hard working and organised
• Team player yet able to work on an individual basis
The duties listed are not exhaustive. Additional hours of work may be required, as determined by the needs of the business. The postholder may be required to undertake additional duties, responsibilities and projects as appropriate.
The salary for this role is circa £17,000-£19,000 dependent upon experience
other: 22 days annual leave plus bank/public holidays (currently 8 per year) rising to 25 days annual leave after 6 years child care vouchers; eyesight test vouchers; workplace pension; discounted holidays; Concesssions; free car parking
If you feel you would work well within our team and be an ambassador for Destinology then we would be delighted to hear from you How To Apply To apply for the above position, please email your CV along with a covering letter stating your current notice period to Careers@destinology.co.uk
Head of IT
We’re Destinology, the experts at taking holiday travellers to a whole new level of service in luxury destinations. We would like you to take our IT systems and our tech team to a level that matches these incredibly high standards.
Destinology is a superb success story in the travel industry. Since our formation in 2004, we have grown from a young, ambitious, travel company to be part of hugely successful PLC in 2014. While we have the fantastic advantages of being part of that PLC, we have retained our identity and culture, winning numerous awards. We grow and develop, just like we did as a start-up.
What we’d like from you
Subsequently, we are looking to you, as an IT leader, to bring a start-up mentality to our exceptional tech team; inspiring, coaching and developing, while not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get involved in the coding when needed. You must have a significant background in C#.net and ASP.net development and love programming. Equally, you must be able to take your vast knowledge of IT systems to the boardroom and be able to persuade the directors of Destinology how you can keep our systems at the cutting edge of travel industry technology.
You will oversee a team of 13 split across sub-teams of development, project management, design and networking & infrastructure, with four divisional leads. You’ll drive this team to challenge the status quo while delivering world-class projects on time and on budget. Personal development and growth are integral within our culture, so you will take pride in taking your team to their next levels.
What we can give you in return
We are also keen to see your personal progression within Destinology. While instrumental in our IT strategy, you will also have a say in broader aspects of the business in addition to involvement with Saga Group IT, with a dotted line to the Saga Head of IT. We’ll invest in your development through the Saga Senior Leaders Programme.
Our focus on customer service, both externally and internally, is on a level with the luxury, high-end, resorts we deal with. So we expect your team to provide an 8-star service. Staff welfare is extremely important to us; happy employees means happy customers and this is evident through our long-term staff retention.
You’ll be based in our headquarters, on the outskirts of Bolton, where we have a fun office environment while delivering first class professionalism.
Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave plus bank/public holidays (currently 8 per year); discounted holidays to our amazing locations; workplace pension; life assurance (death in service benefit 3x annual salary); child care vouchers; eyesight test vouchers; concessions and free car parking. We support flexible working and you will be part of our new bonus scheme which can bolster your salary by up to 15%.
What you need to do now
We offer a lot and we expect a lot. If you’re getting excited about working for our luxury travel company and taking it to the next level, please email your CV along with a covering letter telling us why you are ideally matched for this job and your current notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org destinology.co.uk
We are seeking Operations Support Assistants for our Customer Experience Team to work alongside our Operational Support Executives to help us to deliver the best service to our customers. You will provide post booking or in resort support to our customers who contact us for assistance with their holiday bookings and holidays.
This is a varied role where you will also have the opportunity to provide support to other areas of the business.
You will ideally have customer service experience and administration work and will be someone who prides themselves on helping customers and colleagues, has excellent attention to detail, can multi-task and can work well under pressure.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
• Dealing with post-booking administration and concierge services
• Action booking amendments, cancellations and costing changes in back office system
• Deal with date changes, special requests, sending out vouchers and invoicing
• Data input, reservations numbers etc
• Audit bookings to ensure customer details and data are complete and correct and loaded
• Check all relevant documentation to ensure that all bookings details are complete and accurate
• Produce and distribute confirmation, amendment and cancellation invoice documents
• Book seats, meals, low cost flights, flight amendments
• Upload data to our CMS System
• Assist with in-resort issues
• Assist with erratas and hotel movement
• Work closely with the other members of the Customer Experience team
• Work closely with other teams across the business, particularly other teams within the sales department
• Assist if required in other areas of the business should the need arise
• Be an additional point of contact for the client and deal with any queries, questions, payments as part of the post sales team
• Deliver exceptional customer care and build customer relationships
• Implement the Destinology Way: Know the Customer, Have Courage, One Team, Go the extra mile
The Individual we are seeking will ideally possess the following skills, knowledge, experience:
• Excellent administration skills
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Attention to detail and pride in work
• Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
• Knowledge of and experience of using MS Outlook / Excel / Word
• Experience or strong interest in the Travel Industry
• Customer Service Experience/Experience of responding to customer queries
Education and Qualifications:
• Good standard of education – 5 GCSEs A-C including maths and English or equivalent
• Friendly and helpful disposition
• calm and patient style when working under pressure and in challenging situations,
• ability to work on an individual basis and within a team
• willingness to carry out any other duties deemed appropriate by the company
Full training will be given
There will be project work to complete, which should be done in a professional manner.
The duties listed are not exhaustive.
Managers and staff may be required to undertake additional duties, responsibilities and projects as appropriate.
This is a Permanent full time position.
The hours of work are 37.7 hours per week, on a rota pattern Monday - Sunday in line with our business opening hours
Salary: £15,000 -£18,000 per annum dependent upon experience
other: 22 days annual leave plus bank/public holidays (currently 8 per year); eligible for annual performance related bonus scheme; death in service benefit (3x annual salary); child care vouchers; eyesight test vouchers; workplace pension; discounted holidays; Concesssions; free car parking
If you feel you would work well within our award-winning team and would like to apply for the above position, please email your CV along with a covering letter stating your current notice period to Careers@destinology.co.uk
Destinology are the experts in luxury travel. Service and quality is at the heart of everything we do. We’re honoured to have won many awards and accolades over the years including British Travel Awards, TTG Awards, Coolbrands and Feefo Gold Trusted Merchant.
However, the best reward is that our customers come back and book their holidays with us time and again.
We’re at a very exciting period of growth in our company and we are hiring an Accounts Payable Executive to work within our existing Accounts Payable Team.
• Receive and check all supplier invoices
• Investigate any invoice discrepancies
• Liaise with Staff/Products Dept or Suppliers
• Input all invoices on Admin Studio
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
• Previous accounts payable experience preferably in the travel industry
• Good communication and organisational skills
• Highly numerate with good working knowledge of MS Office
• Ability to learn new computer systems
• Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
• Excellent attention to details
Education and Qualifications:
• Good Standard of Secondary Education (including Maths and English GCSE or equivalent)
• Ability to work well within a team as well as able to be self sufficient and work without supervision
• A ‘can do’ attitude
• Reliable and flexible
Our focus on customer service, both externally and internally, is on a level with the luxury, high-end, resorts we deal with, so we expect our employees to have a customer-centric focus.
Staff welfare is extremely important to us; happy employees means happy customers and this is evident through our long-term staff retention.
You’ll be based in our headquarters, on the outskirts of Bolton, where we have a fun office environment while delivering first class professionalism.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits include 22 days’ annual leave plus bank/public holidays (currently 8 per year), increasing to 25 days annua leave after 6 years; discounted holidays to our amazing locations; workplace pension; life assurance (death in service benefit 3x annual salary); discretionary bonus scheme; child care vouchers; eyesight test vouchers; concessions and free car parking.
If you’re getting excited about working for our luxury travel company, please email your CV along with a covering letter telling us why you are ideally matched for this job and your current notice period to email@example.com destinology.co.uk