Escape to Bushmans Kloof, a heavenly wilderness reserve and retreat of unparalleled beauty and recreational diversity. This refuge is surrounded by thousands of acres of majestic landscape in the heart of the Cederberg Mountains in the Western Cape.
It offers walking, mountain biking, river walks etc plus luxurious accommodation and inspired, Cape heritage organic cooking.
In Our Opinion
'This award-winning reserve offers total relaxation and is perfect for stressed-out executives'
Comfortable rooms with just six available they feature a cosy fireplace (not all) and a separate lounge area
A spectacularly renovated farmhouse set in the heart of the reserve offering a privately catered for family wilderness adventure. The Villa is styled in natural, vibrant earth colours with beautiful hand-crafted furnishings.
Luxurious rooms with stylish design; please note these are TV free rooms
Located in the original Manor House and featuring a terrace with breath-taking views of the river and mountains
Private luxury suite near the water which features a secluded spacious patio and heated infinity pool
• 2 lounge areas with fireplaces
• Extensive book and DVD library
• Complimentary computer station
• Internet access
• Walk-in wine cellar
• Heated swimming pool
• Fitness centre
The Heritage Centre displaying:
• Bushman artefacts
• Talks and discussions held by resident archaeologist
• Hiking and walking
• Mountain biking
• Rock climbing
• Bird watching
• Educational / specialist talks
• Swimming in rock pools
• Weddings (see special features)
• Medicinal herb garden
• 3 additional swimming pools
• Gift shop
• Flower and herb garden
• Fruit and vegetable garden
• Spa (see special features)
• Conference facilities
A specially prepared picnic or barbecue menu served in a private breath-taking location in the reserve. (Additional charge)
• 3 hours by scenic route from Cape Town 270km
• By Pakhuis Pass from Cape Town 20km (gravel road)
• Bushman Rock Art: The reserve is rich in rock art with over 130 pristine sites some over 10,000 years old.
• Fauna: Numerous species including: Gemsbok, Bontebok, Cape Mountain Zebra, eland, Red Hartebeest, Grey Rhebok, Klipspringer, Kudu, Springbok and Steenbok.
• Flora: From July to October the veld comes alive with spring flowers; 755 indigenous plant species have been identified including Bushmans Kloof and Cederberg Seven
• Lamberts Bay 100km
Our friendly, helpful and knowledgeable travel concierge team are available to talk you through any questions, queries or concerns you may have about planning your next holiday. If you’re ready to start that conversation now, call us on 01204 867 139 but if not, schedule a call in with us below and a member of our concierge team will phone you to help you plan the holiday you deserve.