‘Family owned since 1989’
Safari at the family owned Uzhoki Lodge located in the 10,000 hectare malaria free Kariega Private Game Reserve. This pristine African wilderness incorporates the Kariega and Bushman’s Rivers, wrapped by the coastal belt of 1820 Settler Country. The reserve is a natural extension to a trip along South Africa’s famous Garden Route, with breathtakingly beautiful scenery and abundant game and wildlife including the “Big-5”. The Uzhoki Lodge offers panoramic valley views and just ten luxuriously appointed air conditioned suites.
In Our Opinion
‘A maximum of 20 guests can be accommodated at any given time here, and this creates an almost niche environment where guests feel a close knit connection to both the resort and with fellow guests’
Spacious luxury suites that feature a bright airy bedroom, large bathroom and private plunge pool.
Kariega is unique in its offering of a diversity of activities which include:
• Morning and late afternoon game drives in open vehicles with experienced game rangers
• River cruises available on both the Bushmans and Kariega rivers
• Safe hiking close to abundant game and birdlife on the eastern section of the game reserve
• Canoeing and mountain biking
• Swimming in beautiful river pools surrounded by sub-tropical forest
• Malaria-free (no preventative medication needed)
• Safari drive twice daily
• All meals (excludes beverages)
• Private viewing deck
• River cruises and walking safaris
• Luxury accommodation as per our rooms section
• African style guest lounges
• Outdoor swimming pool and relaxation deck
As is typical with most African safari retreats, there is no real restaurant and bar ‘culture’ here. Instead, guests are treated to dining experiences at given times during the day as well as gatherings around the authentic African Boma. Cuisine served here incorporates memorable home cooked specialities served with accompanying wines from the surrounding regions.