'Named After The French Explorer and Environmentalist'
220 Fijian staff welcome guests as family at the intimate Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort, a 17 acre private socially responsible, eco sensitive upmarket island resort. Located in a pristine area of Fiji, it provides a unique interactive lifestyle experience for guests of all ages by focusing on rest and relaxation, cuisine, authentic culture, wellbeing, nature, discovery and local environment. It’s a multi international award winning resort & attracts numerous guests who return for the legendary Jean- Michel Cousteau Fiji Islands Resort service and enriching experience.
In Our Opinion
'This multi award winning socially responsible eco sensitive resort is perfect for discerning travellers of all ages seeking the combination of relaxation, nature, discovery, wellbeing, romantic interludes, gourmet cuisine and authentic culture in an unspoiled environment.'
Set among an expansive area of lawn, this property overlooks lush foliage, colourful flowers and exotic plants. This bure is ideal for couples or families with one or two children up to 12 years old and those who appreciate a beautiful tropical setting.
Set in a secluded area of the resort this oceanfront split level property sets the scene for romance with its spa tub on the balcony. Exceptionally spacious and comfortable, this bure is elevated to take advantage of the spectacular ocean views.
Designed for families or a small group of adults who seek privacy, comfort and spectacular ocean views, this bure offers a main room with a small sitting area and a second bedroom which has an entrance to the bathroom and outside deck.
Set among palm trees, an expansive area of lawn and overlooking the beach and Savusavu bay, this bure is ideal for a couple or family with up to two children under 12 years old.
Designed for honeymoon couples or a family of four or five, each Oceanfront Suite Bure offers privacy, splendid views and extra space, plus the luxury of relaxing on the king size day bed with the feeling of being outdoors.
Set in a secluded area of the resort this oceanfront split level property is the most private. Exceptionally spacious and comfortable, this bure is elevated to take advantage of the spectacular ocean views.
The Villa is a number of Fijian inspired bures linked with an expansive deck at several levels. This allows indoor, outdoor or ‘in-between’ living. The master bedroom features a solid Fijian hardwood four-poster bed overlooking a soaking tub, complete with whirlpool and jets, set in a garden with its own waterfall. Floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors allow your spa to be either indoor or outdoor next to the waterfall and adjacent is a large outdoor shower finished in imported stone. A living area is separated from your bedroom by a deck and private swimming pool with a horizon edge offering vistas of the beach. Next to the pool is an open lounging bure with a daybed and its own hidden kitchen from where staff can serve you meals.
(Select activities and services may incur additional charges)
Serves breakfast 07:00 – 10:00, lunch 12:00 – 14:00 and dinner 19:00 – 21:00. Please note that the dress code is smart casual but for village visits men and women need to have shoulders and knees covered.
Jean Michel Cousteau Resort overlooks the waters of Savusavu bay, 7km from the harbour town of Savusavu on Fiji’s second largest Island Vanua Levu. Complimentary vehicle transfers are provided from Savusavu Airport to the resort. World renowned dive sites are 15-40 minutes away and a marine sanctuary surrounds the resort.
• Copra Shed Marina 6.6km
• Savusavu Farmers' Market 7km
• Waisali Rainforest Reserve 37km
• World class coral reefs & snorkelling
Jean Michel Cousteau Resort welcomes children of all ages and has facilities and activities to keep the whole family happy during their stay.
• Garden View Bure & Oceanfront Bure sleeps 2 adults & 2 children
• Honeymoon Point Reef Bure/Oceanfront 2-Bedroom Bure/Oceanfront Suite Bure/Point Reef Bure sleeps 2 adults & 3 children
• Several accommodation types have offers for children to stay free (please call for more details)
• Breakfast is served 07:00 - 10:00 in Oceanfront family dining bure restaurant area with parents
• Lunch is served 12:00 - 14:00 at Bula Club or in the Oceanfront family restaurant area
• Dinner is served 17:30 - 18:30 at Bula Club or in the Oceanfront family restaurant area or family deck area 18:30 - 21:00.
• Families may choose a beach picnic at no extra charge.
• Children have a separate a la carte 2 course menu for lunch & dinner
• Chefs will prepare baby meals utilizing fresh ingredients
• Lei Lei Program for children up to 5 yrs
• Marau Program for 6-12 year olds
• Short walk from main building & guest bures
• Operates 08.00 - 21.00
• Includes fresh, healthy meals
• Parents encouraged to participate
• Unforgettable supervised 'adventures' & enriching activities about Fijian Culture & island environment
• Each child is given a special Jean-Michel Cousteau Fiji Islands Resort passport and everytime a child completes a marine, environmental or cultural activity they receive a stamp
• Children 5 & under have an exclusive nanny & each child 6-12yrs has a Fijian buddy on a one on 5 basis
• Freshwater swimming pool with waterslide
• Kiddies' pool with slide
• Toddlers' pool
• Jungle gym & sandbox
• Activities centre for arts & crafts
• High chairs & toddlers sleeping bure
• Cots are provided free of charge
• Tahitian dance classes
• Weaving classes
• Flying fox