‘Bungalow Accommodation, Large Family Units, All-inclusive Option’
Set on the breath-taking sunset coast and architecturally resembling a traditional Mauritian fishing village, La Pirogue is renowned for its peaceful ambiance. Accommodation at the resort is set in individual bungalows which include connecting units for up to two adults and four children. La Pirogue has a kids’ club for 2 to 11-years, older children can enjoy the great range of all-age sports and activities. Leisure facilities include an infinity-edge swimming pool complete with floating Jacuzzi, fitness centre and exercise classes. Guests have access to the facilities at sister hotel Sugar Beach, such as the expansive spa. Choose from half, full board or the comprehensive all-inclusive meal plans.
In Our Opinion
‘We like the relaxed atmosphere, that is intertwined with a whole raft of activities and sports – a perfect mix’
The semi-detached Garden Bungalow features a king-size or twin beds plus furnished terrace/patio.
The semi-detached, thatched Premium Garden Bungalow enjoys additional benefits such as an espresso machine and Bluetooth sound system. It is located away from the main building, in a tropical garden of coconut palms, affording greater privacy and tranquillity.
Ground floor, west facing room and terrace metres away from the beach.
Connecting accommodation with families in mind. There are two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and garden views.
Offering more personalised service, this elegant ground floor suite is in an individual thatch-roofed pavilion. Benefits include a private butler and gazebo on the beach with minibar and phone.
Interconnecting rooms ideal for the family. Situated metres from the beach, there are two bedrooms, two bathrooms, two terraces, and sea views.
La Pirogue offers an All Inclusive option which comprises:
Food & Beverage
Sugar Beach – sister hotel
Venues at Sugar beach may be used by La Pirogue – reservations required.
• Minibar selection filled daily
• Tea and coffee-making facilities
• Imported quality wines
• Spirits & locally bottled & imported spirits
• Choice of cocktails
• Local beers, mineral waters, soft drinks & milkshakes
Golf at Ile aux Cerfs Golf Course
Excursions & Sunexclusives
• Access to Ile aux Cerfs Leisure Island & boat transfer from Pointe Maurice
Water Sports at the Boat House
• Water skiing, windsurfing, sailing, kayaking, pedal boat, stand-up paddle, snorkelling, glass bottom boat trip, aqua-gym and other activities
Sun Kids Club
• The Sun Kids Club 2-11 years (may have to be accompanied if not toilet trained)
• @Sun Generations Teens Club 12-17 years
• Nightly entertainment - live music, shows or DJ
• Items not indicated in Sun-Lifestyle-Gourmet Package or SunInclusive Holiday Package
• Meal restrictions - indicated menus e.g. shellfish
• Cigars & cigarettes
• Telephone, fax, e-mail and postal services
• Laundry, ironing service & dry-cleaning
• Car, scooter and bicycle rental
• Golf equipment and balls/tennis balls
• Private lessons (golf, tennis, sailing, personal trainer, etc.)
• Room service
• Spa treatments, hairdresser and beauty salon
• Deep sea fishing, kite surfing, diving, parasailing & sailing school
• Babysitting services
• Doctor and medication
• High speed internet for downloading & streaming
A full list of all inclusions and exceptions is available on request
This luxurious resort makes the ideal location for your romantic holiday.
• Room discounts – please call for details
• One t-shirt, one pareo & one fruit platter on arrival
• One romantic 3-course dinner for two – plus Champagne
• One 45-minute massage for couples staying 10 nights minimum (in spa at set times)
• Applies to guests staying at least 4 nights
• Applies to all partnerships including same-sex
• Date of travel must fall within 12 months of wedding date
• Applicable to 5th anniversary then at intervals of 5 years
• Copy of the wedding certificate to be forwarded at time of booking or on arrival at hotel
*Additional charges apply
Enjoy La Pirogue signature cocktails and rums plus other bar drinks. Open evenings until late.
Pool and beachside restaurant serves an a la carte menu centred on local seafood and grilled dishes. Seafood beach barbecue on Friday nights. Open for lunch and dinner. Closed Sundays.
You may access the restaurants and bars of sister hotel, Sugar Beach.
Offering a huge range of wines by the glass from state-of-the-art wine dispensers. Serves light meals. Open for lunch and dinner.
Buffet style. Live cooking stations and themes including weekly Mauritian buffet. Open for breakfast and dinner.
Serving traditional Mauritian streetfood. Open for a la carte lunch and dinner, bar open all day and evening.
Beach Bar for drinks and light meals. Sunset views and the bar’s beach bonfire is accompanied by music from DJ or live band. Open for a la carte lunch, late afternoon light meals and snacks – bar until late.
La Pirogue is located on the west coast of Mauritius.
• Port Louis – 17 miles - 48 mins by car
• Seven Coloured Earth – 22 miles - 58 mins by car
• Black River Gorges National Park – 19 miles - 43 mins by car
• Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport – 29 miles -57 mins by car
La Pirogue welcomes families with children of all ages and offers the following facilities and services to ensure they have an enjoyable stay
Sun Kids club offers a range of supervised classes.