- Full board
- All-inclusive (please see our All-inclusive section for full details)
‘Great All-Inclusive Package – Water & Land Sports Galore – Spa with Hammam’
Set on the breath-taking sunset coast and architecturally resembling a traditional Mauritian fishing village, La Pirogue is renowned for its peaceful ambiance. Accommodation at the resort is set in individual bungalows which include connecting units for families or larger groups. There are many water and land sports on offer and there are excursions to explore Mauritius. For relaxation the Aura Spa & Fitness centre has a hammam with heated pool. La Pirogue has a kids’ club for 2 to 11-years and a teens club for older children who can enjoy the great range of all-age sports and activities. There are 3 restaurants & 3 bars serving food from around the globe and diners can visit other venues on La Pirogue’s sister resort Sugar Beach.
In Our Opinion
‘We like the relaxed atmosphere, that is intertwined with a whole raft of activities and sports – a perfect mix’
Overlooking the resorts gardens and coconut grove the thatched bungalows have a private terrace.
Thatched bungalow accommodation that overlooks the sea from a furnished terrace. Away from the main resort amenities this is a location of privacy and quiet. Enjoy music from the Bluetooth system and coffee from the espresso machine.
Each Beach Pavilion has its own private terrace steps from the beach with views over the lagoon.
The Garden Family Bungalow comprises of connecting bungalows each with their own bathroom and terrace. Amenities for kids including bathrobes and special minibar items are sure to appeal.
The thatched roof pavilion comes with a private gazebo on the beach equipped with minibar and a private butler that will assist your needs.
The Deluxe Beach Family Pavilion comprises of two connecting Pavilion rooms each with bathroom and terrace. Steps from the beach the pavilions have sea views.
La Pirogue includes an All-Inclusive option which comprises:
Food & drink at
Sugar Beach – sister hotel
Venues at Sugar beach may be used by La Pirogue – reservations required.
• Minibar selection filled daily
• Tea and coffee-making facilities
• Imported quality wines
• Spirits & locally bottled & imported spirits
• Choice of cocktails
• Local beers, mineral waters, soft drinks & milkshakes
Golf at Ile aux Cerfs Golf Course
Excursions & Sunexclusives
• Access to Ile aux Cerfs Leisure Island & boat transfer from Pointe Maurice
Water Sports at the Boat House
• Windsurfing, sailing, kayaking, pedal boat, stand-up paddle, snorkelling, glass bottom boat trip, aqua-gym and other activities
Sun Kids Club
• The Sun Kids Club 2-11 years (may have to be accompanied if not toilet trained)
• @Sun Generations Teens Club 12-17 years
• Nightly entertainment - live music, shows or DJ
• Items not indicated in Sun-Lifestyle-Gourmet Package or SunInclusive Holiday Package
• Meal restrictions - indicated menus e.g. shellfish
• Cigars & cigarettes
• Telephone, fax, e-mail and postal services
• Laundry, ironing service & dry-cleaning
• Car, scooter and bicycle rental
• Golf equipment and balls/tennis balls
• Private lessons (golf, tennis, sailing, personal trainer, etc.)
• Room service
• Spa treatments, hairdresser and beauty salon
• Deep sea fishing, kite surfing, diving, parasailing & sailing school
• Babysitting services
• Doctor and medication
• High speed internet for downloading & streaming
A full list of all inclusions and exceptions is available on request. Details as of Jan 2019
This luxurious resort makes the ideal location for your romantic holiday.
*Additional charges apply
Sundivers at La Pirogue is a PADI & SSI certified centre which offers courses and guided dives around Mauritius and the surrounding Indian Ocean.
Dive sites include Cathedral, Rempart Canyon, Big Rock and 20 more.
Expert bartenders will craft a cocktail or deliver your favourite drink from an extensive menu that includes local rums. Live entertainment and music in the evenings make this the place to relax after a day of activities.
Pool and beachside restaurant serveing an a la carte menu centred on local seafood and grilled dishes. Seafood beach barbecue once a week. Open for lunch and dinner. Closed Sundays.
You may access the restaurants and bars of sister hotel, Sugar Beach.
Offering a huge range of wines by the glass from state-of-the-art wine dispensers. Serves light meals. Open for lunch and dinner.
In the heart of La Pirogue, Wolmar is an open-plan restaurant that serves buffet breakfast and themed dinners from live cooking stations. Once a week a Mauritian BBQ is on the menu and it is not to be missed.
A stone’s throw from the beach and infinity pool, Coconut Café is relaxed and laidback. Enjoy light bites, pizzas or local street food accompanied by refreshing drinks and the inevitable coconut cocktail.
Beach Bar for drinks and light meals. Sunset views and the bar’s beach bonfire is accompanied by music from DJ or live band. Open for a la carte lunch, late afternoon light meals and snacks – bar until late.
La Pirogue is located on the west coast of Mauritius one hour from Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport.
La Pirogue welcomes families with children of all ages. It offers the following to make your stay more enjoyable.
Sun Kids club offers a range of supervised classes.
Meeting place for the teens aged between 12 – 17 years. Offers sports activities, outings and special teens evening events.