‘Boho Chic Accommodation with Authentic Mauritian Hospitality’
Set on the breath-taking sunset coast amongst lush gardens and a coconut grove La Pirogue is renowned for its peaceful ambiance and chic flair. The architecture of the resort is clearly inspired by traditional Mauritian fishing villages, with use of natural wood and thatched roofs. Accommodation at the resort is set in individual bungalows that open onto the palm grove and turquoise lagoon. La Pirogue is perfect for families with its supervised Sun Kids Club, allowing adults time to relax in peace in the infinity pool and its delightful floating Jacuzzi or to experience diving, golfing or the spa. Take advantage of the all-inclusive option and dine at one of three restaurants, or visit sister resort, Sugar Beach, for even more choice of restaurants.
In Our Opinion
‘A place to create breathtaking moments and enjoy immersive experiences - a tropical oasis'
The Garden Bungalow is a semi-detached room and terrace. It faces the lush coconut grove.
The thatch-roofed, Premium Garden Bungalow has a private furnished terrace, and is set in the resort's tropical gardens.
Ground floor, west facing room and terrace metres away from the beach. Sunset facing terrace.
Connecting accommodation with families in mind. Consideration to children in the form of bathrobes and products. Terrace overlooks coconut grove.
Spacious one bedroom pavillion with living/dining room and bathroom with spa bath and rain shower. Two terraces enjoy views.
Interconnecting rooms ideal for the family. Situated metres from the beach there are two terraces that enjoy spectacular sea views.
La Pirogue offers a Sun All-Inclusive package which includes: dining experiences, unlimited refreshing beverages and exciting water sport activities.
Food & Beverage
La Pirogue – All day dining buffet restaurant
Beach Restaurant – A la carte lunch and dinner
Beach Bar – selection of refreshments daily from 10.00 to midnight
Mini bar – soft drinks, juice, water and beer and tea and coffee facilities in room one refil per day
Lunch snack boxes for excursion days
Included drinks - imported wines, sparkling water. Local spirits, beers, mineral water, soft drinks and milkshakes. Cocktails.
Entertainment & Services
All Inclusive package guests have access to a range of water and land sports
• Free selected water sports including kayaking, glass bottom boat ride, snorkelling and wind surfing
• Free pool activities including water polo, volleyball, basketball or aqua gym
• Free golf green fee at Ile aux Derfs Golf Club plus free boat transfer
• Kids and Teens club
Food and Beverages at Sugar Beach
• Mon Plaisir Restaurant – International buffet restaurant
• Mon Plaisir Bar – Selection of beverages, afternoon tea and cakes
• Tides Restaurant – A la carte lunch and dinner
• Tides Bar and Pool Service – pool side refreshments, A la carte lunch and snacks
• Citronella’s Café – A la carte lunch and dinner
• Citronella Bar - beverages
• Alcoholic beverages, rum punch, domestic beers, soft drinks, canned juices, local mineral water and tea and coffee at Tides Bar, Sports Bar, Mon Plaisir Bar, Citronella’s Café Bar
• Foods not included as part of “SunInclusive Holiday Package” (as per menu card)
• Beverages not included as part of “Sun-Lifestyle – Gourmet Holiday Package” (as per menu card)
• Snacks, chocolates and wine from the minibar
• Shell fish dishes at Magenta and Tides Restaurants
• Cigars and cigarettes
• Laundry, ironing and dry cleaning
• Car, scooter and bicycle rental
• Golf equipment and balls
• Private lessons – various sports
• Room service
• Spa treatments, hairdresser and beauty salon
• Deep sea fishing, kite surfing, diving and sailing school
• Other excursions
• Babysitter services
• All Inclusive benefits last until check out from the hotel
• Guests must show their Sun Card with the All Inclusive sticker when using Services of La Pirogue or Sugar Beach Resort
• All drinks are for private consumption only and must be ordered individually
• All guests sharing a room must be booked under the same package conditions
This luxurious resort makes the ideal location for your romantic escape as newlyweds to Mauritius.
Honeymoon package includes:
• Bottle of chilled sparkling wine on arrival
• Honeymoon gift
• Candle-lit dinner for two, one night during your stay
• Room upgrade
Cost: Complimentary. Minimum stay applies.
Not valid for Peak season, 22 December – 4 January.
Date of travel must fall within 12 months of wedding date and a copy of the wedding certificate presented on booking and arrival.
Subject to availability.
Please note, there is an Island Sustainability Fee of MUR 100 inclusive of VAT per person, per round of golf. Golfers will be charged at check-in at the golf pro shop and will have the option to sign on their room account. The fee is only applicable to golfers at Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club.
La Pirogue is located on the west coast of Mauritius, overlooking the Indian Ocean.
• Port Louis – 17 miles 48 mins by car
• Seven Coloured Earth – 22 miles 58 mins by car
• Black River Gorges National Park – 19 miles 43 mins by car
• Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport – 29 miles 57 mins by car
La Pirogue welcomes families with children of all ages and offers the following facilities and services to ensure they have an enjoyable stay
• There are special menus at Sun Kids
• Buffets and barbecues
• 2 – 11 years
• 09:00 – 22:00
• Babysitting service is available
• Service incurs a supplementary fee