Bed & breakfast
• Half board
• All inclusive – please refer to our All-inclusive section for full details
‘Families & Couples, Seriously Great Dining, Water Sports Wonderland'
Set on the Blue Bay Marine Park, and sporting three beaches, Shandrani Beachcomber Resort & Spa is just ten minutes from the airport. It blends gently into the natural environment with well-established gardens, criss-crossed by pathways where you’ll find numerous coconut palms, breadfruit and mango trees – fruit bats are a familiar and spectacular sight. This resort balances family and couples’ needs exceptionally well, there are several beaches where elegantly poised sun loungers can always be found. All rooms are sea-facing and even the lead-in Superior Room at 50sqm is comfortably spacious. Shandrani Beachcomber Resort & Spa provides tennis and other land sports but comes into its own with outstanding water sports complete with complimentary instruction and daily snorkelling trips. Dining is also a highlight here, with three exceptional a la carte restaurants as well as an extensive main buffet. You will find a superb collection of wines most of which come into the generous all-inclusive package.
In Our Opinion
‘After a recent visit by our Content Manager and her grown-up family, we are assured that the cuisine (and wine) is worth every one of Shandrani Beachcomber Resort & Spa 5-stars, the water-sports centre is one of the friendliest and most professional in the Indian Ocean and the staff epitomise what resort service should be. The all-inclusive option is about as stress-free as you can get and there isn’t even a hint of compromised standards'
Accommodation at Shandrani is spacious and welcoming with quality fittings and modern amenities
Located on the beachfront with delightful views of the Indian Ocean, the Deluxe Beachfront Room is spacious and offers its own shaded terrace and semi-private garden whilst inside there is a separate lounge area.
Decorated in soft neutral tones of greys and reds, the Superior Room is a chic space that is furnished with rich woods and sleek tiled floors. The bedroom offers a plush king size bed and an adjacent cosy lounge area. You will find garden views although the room is sea-facing so glimpses of ocean and beach are likely.
The Deluxe Room is spacious with touches of orange and green lighting up the majority neutral palette. There is a combined bedroom and lounge area, a spacious en-suite bathroom with large shower and separate bathtub, as well as his-and-her changing facilities. Outside there is a semi-private garden and romantic shaded terrace.
Undeniably intimate and romantic due to its emphasis on privacy, the Senior Suite is decorated in a neutral palette with vibrant red and purple accents. Elegantly furnished with parquet flooring, the Senior Suite offers an expansive lounge area and contemporary bedroom with rich wooden furniture. The bed overlooks the balcony which offers views of the beach and the sparkling lagoon.
The Family Apartment has shared living space, a master bedroom, a second bedroom (both ensuite), a comfortably furnished outdoor terrace and semi-private garden.
The Family Suite enjoys a beachfront location and is located across two floors. The ground floor, designed to give adult respite, has a master bedroom with ensuite bathroom containing a round bathtub, there is a comfortable lounge area with charming dark wooden furniture. Outside the outdoor lounge is perfect for al-fresco dining whilst the children have a fun, vibrant bedroom of their own on the first floor.
Shandrani Beachcomber Resort & Spa 9-hole, Par 29 pitch and putt spreads over 769 metres. Although small, the resort offers the chance for golfers to improve their short game.
Guests can hire equipment such as right and left handed clubs, 50 practice balls and a trolley for 9 & 18 holes. An on-site pro-shop also provides balls, tees and gloves.
Dress code: Collared or polo shirt with golf or sports shoes
Lessons with golf pros available.
• Free 45 minute group lesson for adults
• Free 30 minute group lesson for children
The resort is open:
• October to April 08:00 – 18:00
• May to September 08:00 – 17:30
Shandrani Beachcomber Resort & Spa offers a Serenity Plus All Inclusive package which includes:
Food & Beverage
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner in up to 4 restaurants
• A la carte at Le Sirius/Porto Vecchio
• Buffet at Le Grand Port
• Menu of the day at the Teak Elephant
• Snacks at bars 15:00 – 17:00
• Pancakes at the Blue Bay Bar late afternoon
• Drinks in all restaurants & bars (French Champagne by the glass from18:00)
• Mini bar with beer/soft drinks/juice/water
• Beach trolley and poolside service
Leisure & Services
• Water skiing
• Pedal boat
• Glass bottom boat
• Free unlimited access to the 9-hole par 29 pitch and putt course/clubs provided
• Fitness centre
• Live music, or DJ, every night
• Available from the time of check in until 18:00 on departure day
• Personal consumption only/no compensation for non-consumed items
• Interchangeable with Beachcomber hotels - Le Victoria/Le Canonnier/Le Mauricia
• Guests travelling as a party must book the same package
• The hotel may close up two restaurants per day throughout the year
• Le Siris Bar drinks until 22:00/Blue Bay Bar until 23.30
• 23:30 – 00.30 drinks at cost at Blue Bay Bar
• Cigars and cigarettes
• Telephone/fax/postal services
• Laundry and dry cleaning
• Items from boutique
• Car rental
• Tennis balls / golf accessories and balls
• Private lessons (golf/tennis/sailing)
• Picnic baskets/special dinners/room service
• Drinks at Blue Bay Bar from 23:30
• Shandrani Spa by Clarins & treatments
• Deep sea fishing
• Some mini bar items
Shandrani makes an ideal location for a honeymoon. The hotel offers the following to enhance your stay
Honeymoon package includes:
• Chilled Champagne on arrival
• Fresh fruit plate in room
• Two course lunches offered daily at selected restaurant
• Gift voucher to spend at the Beachcomber boutique
• One romantic candlelight dinner setup
Cost: Complimentary. Minimum stay applies.
Applicable for arrivals up to 31 October 2017.
Honeymoon must be within 12 months of wedding date and a copy of the wedding certificate will be required on arrival.
Subject to availability.
Shandrani Beachcomber Resort & Spa makes an ideal choice for a romantic occasion; the resort offers the following to help you celebrate:
• Dedicated wedding coordinator
• Decorated wedding location
• Separate room for the bride before the ceremony
• Celebration breakfast in room
• Bridal bouquet
• Groom’s button hole
• Wedding cake for 10 persons
Beachcomber Luxury Package
• All inclusions of the classic package
• One bottle of champagne and canapés after the ceremony
• Hair and make-up for the bride, including trial session
• Bride’s spa treatment including manicure, pedicure and massage
• Groom’s spa treatment with body polish and massage
• Special four-course wedding dinner in a private location
• Romantic in-room setup
• Gift from the hotel
• Three copies of the first three pages of the passports required
• Three copies of the birth certificate issued not 3 months before wedding date
• Three copies of the divorce certificate, or death of spouse if applicable
• Application form filled in and signed by the bride and groom
• Beachcomber package is compulsory
• A divorced bride-to-be getting married within 10 months of divorce must take pregnancy test
• All documents should be sent to the hotel at least 45 days prior to the wedding date
A la carte items
Can be added to your ceremony for an additional fee
• Bridesmaid bouquet
• Cache peigne
• Table bouquet
• Flowers arch
• Pressed flowers
• Photographer and prints
• DVD film
• Guitarist, duo, or Sega group, jazz band, violinist, DJ
Open 11:00 – 20:00, facilities include:
• 13 single massage cabins
• 3 double massage cabins
• 2 shiatsu and Thai massage rooms
• 2 Ayurvedic rooms
• 1 hydrotherapy room
• 2 facial treatment rooms
• 1 beauty parlour
• 1 hair salon
• 1 pool
• 1 sauna
• 1 hammam
Guests must be above the age of 15 to enter the spa.
Guests between the age of 15 and 17 should be accompanied by an adult.
Bed & breakfast
• Half board
• All inclusive – please refer to our All-inclusive section for full details
Seats 70. Exclusive Thai restaurant that is an absolute gem and welcomes adults and over 12s. It offers a set menu of five or six courses that are presented with exquisite style – your waiter will professionally explain the concept of each one. The restaurant itself is situated in a quiet area in an elevated wooden-decked, semi-open pavilion; the ambience is subtle, relaxing and romantic. You will be able to spot the specialist chefs creating dishes through windows to the kitchen at the rear of the restaurant. This is the sort of restaurant that you would be happy to travel miles to! Open for dinner 19.00 to 22.00, reservations required.
Seats 80. Situated adjacent to the large reception lounge and Blue Bay Bar and within sight of the entertainment stage, this restaurant specialises in fine Italian and Mediterranean style cuisine and features a modern pizza bar. In a casual yet elegant atmosphere you will find exceptional cuisine and service in addition to an extensive wine list. Open for lunch during peak times 12.15-14.45, a La carte dinner 19.00-22.00. Reservations required for dinner. Dress code is casual during the day and smart casual (no shorts, bermudas, beach and sportswear allowed) in the evening.
Seats 120. Serving tropical cuisine, this non-smoking restaurant is located at the tip of the peninsula adjacent to the second swimming pool and bar. You will find a selection of innovative international as well as Mauritian dishes in the evenings served with your selection from an extensive wine list. Lunchtimes offer flavoursome salads, fish and meat dishes and it provides a relaxed alternative to the main buffet breakfast at Le Grand Port. Breakfast buffet from 07.30-10.00, a la carte lunch 12.15-14.45, a la carte dinner 19.00-22.00. Reservations required for dinner. Dress code is casual during the day and smart casual (no shorts, bermudas, beach and sportswear allowed) in the evening.
Seats 320. Main restaurant serving excellent international and local fare; a non-smoking policy operates although the peripheral tables outside the restaurant do allow smoking. You will find both a carving and a pasta station, barbecues and pizza ovens plus a variety of tempting desserts. Waiters will take care of your drinks service and the wine menu offers plenty of choice of red, white, rose and sparkling. Open for buffet breakfast 07.00-10.00, lunch buffet 12.30-15.00 and international dinner buffet 18.30-21.30.
The Blue Bay Bar is the resort’s main bar and serves a variety of drinks overlooking the swimming pool and sea beyond. Guests gather for pre-dinner drinks and with tables extending to the reception lounge area there is always plenty of space. Evening entertainment takes place on the stage adjacent to the bar making this the hub for the whole evening. Open 10:00–00:30 (all-inclusive service until 11.30) Pancakes served 15:00-17:00. Dress code is smart casual.
Situated between the restaurant and swimming pool, this bar makes an ideal venue for casual daytime refreshments or pre-dinner cocktails. There is a circular bar and clusters of large seats - drinks, snacks and ice creams are served. Bar open from 10.00 to 22.00.
Located by the sea and set on its own private white sandy beach, Shandrani Beachcomber Resort & Spa is within easy reach of its namesake Shandrani Beach, Cambuse Beach and Blue Bay Beach. It is one of the closest resort properties to the airport and will take just 10 minutes by car - limited aircraft will take off over the ocean near the hotel but most people find this an added attraction!
• Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport – 3 miles
• Mahebourg – 7 miles
• Curepipe – 14 miles
• Port Louise – 24 miles
Shandrani Beachcomber Resort & Spa welcomes families with children of all ages and offers the following facilities and services to ensure they have an enjoyable stay.
• Units can accommodate between 1 and 3 children
• Doctor is available on site
• Swimming pool with shallow end
• The kids club features its own private garden and jungle gym set
Beach & Sea
• Beach is safe
• Shallow entry to the sea
Bob Marlin Beachcomber Kids Club
Ages allowed: 3 - 12
Indoor Activities include:
• Henna tattoos
• Sega dancing
• Photo frame making
Outdoor Activities include:
• Treasure hunt
• Crab hunting
• Glass-bottom boat trips
• Shell collecting
• Beach activities
• Baby-sitter is available
• 24 hour notice required
• Bookings to be made at reception