‘Elegant Resort Overlooking the Coral Sea’
Nestled along a stretch of golden beach scenery, Orpheus Island ensures a secluded location for couples seeking a relaxing and rejuvenating environment. Accommodation at the resort is effortlessly luxurious – with rich, soothing tones and a range of amenities that make your holiday a dream including WiFi access and contemporary bathrooms. Venture out on an exploration of the local reefs with a chef-prepared picnic hamper or relax in the Gwandalan Day Spa. Orpheus Island takes up such an advantageous position on the Great Barrier Reef that is should be a crime not to take the opportunity to dive in its beautiful waters. The marine life and coral reefs are simply stunning and there is an estimated 1,100 species of fish around the area.
In Our Opinion‘Orpheus Island is elegant, sleek and is brimming with a calm personality. Everywhere you look there are beautiful views and you simply must try diving, or snorkelling to take full advantage of this resort.’
The newly refurbished North Beachfront Rooms are a mixture of contemporary and minimalist island living. The abode has natural colours which create a pastoral aura and rich timber can be found from the bedroom, to the furnished terrace outside. From here guests can indulge in romantic views across the Coral Sea, or enjoy private dinners under the stars.
The North Beachfront Suite strikes a beautiful balance between luxury and simplicity. The suites have been recently renovated and they now ooze style with warming-crisp tones and rich timber features. Each accommodation has its own lounge with a sofa, chairs and a dining table – as well as the bedroom with a plush king size bed.
Orpheus Island makes an ideal choice for a romantic occasion; the resort offers the following to help you celebrate:
• Selected Australian wines and beers
• All gourmet meals
• Signature dining with Tides one evening
• Two one hour spa treatments
• Champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries on arrival
• One nature-based experience daily (snorkelling/fishing/island cruises)
• Unlimited use of motorised water vehicles, paddle boards, kayaks and snorkelling equipment
Minimum stay 4 nights.
*Will be charged extra
There are different seasons to bear in mind:
• Manta Ray Season – July to early November
• Humpback Whale Migration – Late June to mid-late September
• Annual coral spawning – Mid-late October to late November
Guests can take part in a complimentary pool ‘try dive’ whilst at Orpheus. There are also other courses available such as:
• Discover scuba dives
• PADI certified dives
Orpheus Island welcomes families with children of all ages and offers the following facilities and services to ensure they have an enjoyable stay.
• Children’s menu is available
• Medical facilities are available on site
• A babysitting service is offered
• Priced at $35 per hour, per child