Our personal travel specialists go above and beyond to give you the best luxury experience, and every holiday we create is tailored just for you by our experts.
‘Accessible Africa, 5 star standards, 4 star prices’
Clients in search of a personal gaming experience will feel right at home at the stylish and luxurious Chitwa Chitwa. This quieter, exclusive game lodge offers the choice of 8 luxury suites or the separate rental of a Private House which sleeps 4. Part of the Sabi Sands Game Reserve, Big 5 game drives are close at hand and the lodge is a fine haven to return to after your game drive, displaying African chic and European style qualities, great meals and upmarket amenities.
In Our Opinion
‘Both families and honeymoon couples will find Chitwa Chitwa the perfect safari refuge’
The Charlsy Suite includes two inter-leading en-suite rooms, joined by a beautiful living area, as well as a private deck with swimming pool
Chitwa House is a beautiful 2 bedroomed private villa including staff and your own private safari vehicle, with a guide and a tracker. The house boasts a spacious lounge with TV, dining area, fully equipped kitchen, lake-view deck and swimming pool.
Each of the six spacious and individually decorated suites open out onto a private deck with plunge pool.
The Chitwa Chitwa Wedding Experience
Chitwa Chitwa Private Game Lodge is the ideal location for a unique and romantic African wedding with continental elegance. Wedding Packages can be arranged to suit specific wishes and vary from an unforgettable sundowner with champagne and snacks in the middle of the bush, to an elegant reception with silver cutlery and white starched linen in the beautiful formal dining room.
• Chitwa Chitwa Game Lodge can accommodate 20 sharing guests in 10- rooms. (8 suites plus The Chitwa House)
• The main deck - overlooking the dam, starlit boma and elegant indoor dining room areas are available at Game Lodge for a reception area. Alternatively a superb Bush Reception can be arranged
• Minister for the ceremony including the processing of all the necessary legal documents.
• Chosen wedding location at Chitwa (bush, boma, deck)
• Chitwa Chitwa staff as witnesses
• Local dancers to perform at the ceremony
• Flowers: bridal bouquet, groom’s corsage – basket for table and cake arrangement
• Wedding cake – traditional 1 layer fruit wedding cake
• A bottle of champagne for the wedding couple
• A member of staff for personal assistance during the wedding preparation.
• Pressing of wedding couple garments
Package Excludes: Accommodation, photographer & make-up artist
* Prices on request
Costs of Additional Services:
• Accommodation: please call
• Photographer: from ZAR 6500 **
• Hairdresser: from ZAR 1200
• Make -up artist: from ZAR 1000
** Cost includes base package of 4 hours and covers photographer’s travelling, unlimited photos, post production work on images, original photo-dvd and standard international postage of photo-dvd.
Upon confirmation, the following information is required for the wedding:
• Wedding Couple’s full names, full address, telephone, fax number and email address. The minister will correspond with you directly. All documents must be sent to the minister at least one month before the wedding
• Desired colour scheme – colour of dress and type of jewellery
• Wedding cake preference – if the traditional fruit cake is required it needs to be communicated immediately as it needs to be baked 3 months prior to wedding
• Flower preference
• Couple’s address for the period following the wedding so that photographs can be couriered
• Hairdresser and spa treatment requirements as these can be arranged at additional costs
Should the wedding take place in the afternoon, it is suggested that accommodation is arranged for the minister and photographer, as it is a 3 hour drive back to Nelspruit.
Located at Sabi Sands South Africa, a 63 000 hectare Private Game Reserve, which forms part of the Greater Kruger National Park.
The lodge is easily accessible by air from Oliver Tambo in Johannesburg with a flying time of approximately 1 and a half hours. Direct connecting flights are also available from Kruger International which take just over half an hour and from Eastgate Airport in Hoedspruit with 25 minutes flying time.
Road transfer from Johannesburg to Chitwa Chitwa takes approximately 5 hours. The lodge is situated in the northern area of the Sabi Sand and access is via Gowrie Gate, near the Orpen Gate of the Kruger National Park. Chitwa Chitwa is a scenic three-hour drive from Nelspruit.
Our friendly, helpful and knowledgeable travel concierge team are available to talk you through any questions, queries or concerns you may have about planning your next holiday. If you’re ready to start that conversation now, call us on 01204 269 010 but if not, schedule a call in with us below and a member of our concierge team will phone you to help you plan the holiday you deserve.