‘Accessible Africa, 5 star standards, 4 star prices’
Clients in search of a personal gaming experience will feel right at home at the stylish and luxurious Chitwa Chitwa. This quieter, exclusive game lodge offers the choice of 8 luxury suites or the separate rental of a Private House which sleeps 4. Part of the Sabi Sands Game Reserve, Big 5 game drives are close at hand and the lodge is a fine haven to return to after your game drive, displaying African chic and European style qualities, great meals and upmarket amenities.
In Our Opinion
‘Both families and honeymoon couples will find Chitwa Chitwa the perfect safari refuge’
The Chitwa Chitwa Wedding Experience
Chitwa Chitwa Private Game Lodge is the ideal location for a unique and romantic African wedding with continental elegance. Wedding Packages can be arranged to suit specific wishes and vary from an unforgettable sundowner with champagne and snacks in the middle of the bush, to an elegant reception with silver cutlery and white starched linen in the beautiful formal dining room.
• Chitwa Chitwa Game Lodge can accommodate 20 sharing guests in 10- rooms. (8 suites plus The Chitwa House)
• The main deck - overlooking the dam, starlit boma and elegant indoor dining room areas are available at Game Lodge for a reception area. Alternatively a superb Bush Reception can be arranged
• Minister for the ceremony including the processing of all the necessary legal documents.
• Chosen wedding location at Chitwa (bush, boma, deck)
• Chitwa Chitwa staff as witnesses
• Local dancers to perform at the ceremony
• Flowers: bridal bouquet, groom’s corsage – basket for table and cake arrangement
• Wedding cake – traditional 1 layer fruit wedding cake
• A bottle of champagne for the wedding couple
• A member of staff for personal assistance during the wedding preparation.
• Pressing of wedding couple garments
Package Excludes: Accommodation, photographer & make-up artist
* Prices on request
Costs of Additional Services:
• Accommodation: please call
• Photographer: from ZAR 6500 **
• Hairdresser: from ZAR 1200
• Make -up artist: from ZAR 1000
** Cost includes base package of 4 hours and covers photographer’s travelling, unlimited photos, post production work on images, original photo-dvd and standard international postage of photo-dvd.
Upon confirmation, the following information is required for the wedding:
• Wedding Couple’s full names, full address, telephone, fax number and email address. The minister will correspond with you directly. All documents must be sent to the minister at least one month before the wedding
• Desired colour scheme – colour of dress and type of jewellery
• Wedding cake preference – if the traditional fruit cake is required it needs to be communicated immediately as it needs to be baked 3 months prior to wedding
• Flower preference
• Couple’s address for the period following the wedding so that photographs can be couriered
• Hairdresser and spa treatment requirements as these can be arranged at additional costs
Should the wedding take place in the afternoon, it is suggested that accommodation is arranged for the minister and photographer, as it is a 3 hour drive back to Nelspruit.
• 2 open vehicle game drives a day, one at dawn and one at dusk
• Guided bush walks
• Bush meals (weather permitting)
• Visit to DIXIE village to view the initiatives of Chitwa Trust Fund
• Swimming pool
• Check in 14:00
• Check out 10:00
• Located at Sabi Sands South Africa
• Set on the banks of one of the largest lakes of the exclusive 63 000 hectare Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve, which forms part of the Greater Kruger National Park
• The lodge is easily accessible by air from Oliver Tambo in Johannesburg with a flying time of approximately 1 and a half hours. Direct connecting flights are also available from Kruger International which take just over half an hour and from Eastgate Airport in Hoedspruit with 25 minutes flying time
• Road transfer from Johannesburg to Chitwa Chitwa takes approximately 5 hours. The lodge is situated in the northern area of the Sabi Sand and access is via Gowrie Gate, near the Orpen Gate of the Kruger National Park. Chitwa Chitwa is a scenic three-hour drive from Nelspruit
•1 child under the age of 14 stays free per family
•Children’s Eco Experience includes:
•A daily bush walk within the enclosed camp area. Walks are guided by an educator who will offer the children the opportunity to learn about and identify the beautiful fauna and flora in the area. Basic bush
skills are taught such as how to survive in the bush, what plants to eat and how to build a basic shelter
• A face painting session where children will enjoy a big five masquerade
• Making spoor moulds of animal tracks with plaster of Paris
• Evenings spent roasting marshmallows and sipping hot chocolate whilst listening to the enchanting folk-tales as told by an “intokoto” (the Shangaan term used to describe a person with lots of life experience)
• Chitwa Chitwa story books are placed on children’s beds during turn down in the evenings. These fairy tales include traditional local bedtime stories such as “when the elephant was King” and “ When the hippo was hairy”
Our friendly, helpful and knowledgeable travel concierge team are available to talk you through any questions, queries or concerns you may have about planning your next holiday. If you’re ready to start that conversation now, call us on 01204 867 139 but if not, schedule a call in with us below and a member of our concierge team will phone you to help you plan the holiday you deserve.