sale now on
Holiday Search

Brexit Travel Advice

At Destinology our customers come first, and we would like to reassure all our customers that their 2019 holiday with us will remain the same and all bookings are fully protected by ABTA. Destinations outside the European Union will be unaffected.

Although we are all waiting to see what happens after 29th March 2019 when the UK leaves the European Union, there have been a variety of reassurances given concerning flights and visa’s on the ABTA FAQ page.


Will my 2019 holiday still go ahead?

If a deal is reached by the UK government and the EU on Brexit, then there will be a two-year transition period in place. Due to this, nothing will change until 31st December 2020.

In the event that no deal can be reached, the European Commission has said that there will be no plans to stop or change flights to and from the UK and they will operate as normal. The UK government has offered similar assurances for EU airlines which you can read here.

What will happen if my holiday is cancelled? Would I get a full refund?

If you have booked a package holiday with us, then you are protected under the Package Travel Regulations. We expect no changes for holidays or flights after 29th March 2019 due to the two-year transition period after a deal is made. Even without a deal we do not expect any changes to holidays or flights. If you have booked a flight-only with us and your flight is cancelled because of Brexit, then you will receive a full refund, although flight delay compensation under EU261 will not apply.

Will I need a new passport?

Although you may not need a new passport, the UK government advises that you have at least 6 months left on your date of arrival into an EU country. This means that you may be required to renew your passport earlier than planned. Check out the full details on the GOV.UK website

Will I have to get a visa to travel to the EU?

No visa will be needed to travel to the EU. The European Commission has advised that even without a deal, no visa will be needed by UK citizens.

Will I still be able to use my European Health Insurance Card?

If there is no Brexit deal, then EHIC will no longer be valid. If a deal is reached, they may be used until the end of the two-year transition period. We strongly advise that you buy comprehensive travel insurance regardless of your destination so that you are covered for any likelihood including your health.

Will my cruise still go ahead if there is no exit deal reached?

Even without an EU Exit deal the cruise operators will not change or be affected from 29th March 2019. Those embarking on a cruise from any UK port will be protected by the EU regulations on maritime passengers’’ rights which will be included within UK law. We advise taking out travel insurance for peace of mind and to make sure you have at least 6 months validity on your passport left before travelling.

Will I be able to use my mobile phone in Europe and will it cost more?

Now, the cost of sending texts, making calls and using the internet is the same when you are in the UK or EU. If no deal is reached, then these rules will no longer apply after March 29th. Your mobile phone provider will be able to offer you more information regarding this.