The tallest, most lavish, most expensive and most expansive are all likely to be found in Dubai. To make sure you don’t miss the sights that everyone is talking about, we’ve compiled our Top 10 and then added 10 more! Must-sees in Dubai just keep growing!
1. Burj Khalifa
Standing at a soaring 828 metres, Burj Khalifa is the tallest tower in the world. The observation deck is on the 124th level and the Top Sky Lounge on the 148th. It is also home to offices, the Armani Hotel, private residences, restaurants and specially commissioned art works.
- Open 7 days a week, 08:30-22:00
- Address - 1 Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Blvd - Dubai
- Book in advance – up to 2 weeks during peak times
- For evening visits you can coincide it with the Musical Fountain display!
- Cost guideline - Adult US$42, Child US$35
- Includes: high-speed elevator, 360-degree observation deck
- Allow – at least an hour but could easily take 2 or 3 hours
2. Burj Al Arab
Rarely would a hotel make it into a list of attractions, but billed as the most luxurious hotel in the world, Burj Al Arab deserves a visit – unless of course you stay there and save yourself the time! Its sail-shaped silhouette is the most recognisable symbol of Dubai and its opulence is evident from the second you catch sight of it.
- Address - Jumeira Road, Umm Suqeim 3 - Duba
- You can get admission if you are a resident of the hotel or of Jumeirah Beach Hotel
- You can take afternoon tea or book a meal to gain admission
3. The Dubai Mall
Situated at the foot of the Burj Khalifa, this vast shopping mall is more of a city; covering over a million square metres it is (naturally) the world’s largest retail centre with more than 1200 shops, plus the Dubai Aquarium, Dubai Ice Rink and children’s theme parks. Top fashion designers, high street stores and high tech companies are all represented – there is little you cannot buy at The Dubai Mall.
- Opens from around 10.00 to midnight
- Address - 1 Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Blvd - Dubai
- Make a day and a night of it - there are plenty of things to do besides shop!
- There is a delivery service to your hotel or home - free over AED500 spend
- Electric car charging points available
- Travel by car, metro (Burj Khalifa stop), walk across the Metro Link Bridge
4. Mall of the Emirates
Branded a shopping resort as opposed to a traditional mall, this retail treat may be small by Dubai Mall standards, but it was the first of its type and still strikes fear into the heart of many a man! Home to over 560 outlets it also attracts visitors to its slopes in Ski Dubai and multi-screen cinema complex. Families are also drawn by the Magic Planet family entertainment area. If you’re staying in Kempinski Mall of the Emirates or Dubai Mall of the Emirates, you’re already there!
- Open from 10.00 to either midnight or later
- Address - interchange 4 on Sheikh Zayed Road.
- Allow plenty of time!
- Make a day and an evening of it with skiing, cinema and eating
- Parking is from AED20 for one hour to AED 150 for 8 hours
- If you book skiing or cinema going, you get one free hour’s parking
- There is the Big Bus Company’s Beach Route from Deira City Centre every 30 minutes that stops at the Mall of the Emirates
- Travel by Dubai Metro – the longest driverless metro network in the world
5. Dubai Marina
Allow plenty of time and wear comfy shoes for this attraction, as it’s really a combination of many, spread across a wide area. You’re looking at a meandering waterway filled with not million so much as billion-dollar yachts, flash residences and fabulous eateries – darling! You can get on the water in a traditional dhow, ride a camel or simply chill on the beach.
- Address - alongside Sheikh Sayed Road close to Palm Jumeirah
- Open – it’s a promenade so non-specific
- Plan on at least one meal or a coffee to take in the ambience
6. The Dubai Fountain
Located at the base of the Burj Khalifa this fountain comes to life after dark. As with everything Dubai, this fountain has the world’s biggest choreographed musical son-et-lumiere show with jets of water reaching over 150metres into the air. The lighting and sound systems that combine to provide this awesome display take away visitors’ breaths daily.
- Address - Dubai Mall - Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Blvd
- Open – 7 days a week, afternoon shows from 13.00 and evening 19.00 to 01.00 (about every 30 minutes
- Allow about one hour to visit
- Take your free position just outside the shopping mall
7. Dubai Museum
The Al Fahidi Fort was built in 1787 and now houses the impressive Dubai Museum. Amidst all the high rise, fast-paced, bigger-than-everything in Dubai, this entertaining and beautifully presented museum is a refreshing contrast.
- Open – 08.30 to 20.30 (Friday from 14.30)
- Address - l Fahidi St, Bur Dubai, Opposite Grand Mosque
- Admission charges – AED3 Adult / AED1 Child
8. Grand Mosque
The current Grand Mosque is the biggest in Dubai. It is a rather plain structure however its size and minarets create a striking sight. It is an interesting attraction to take in, maybe combined with the textile souk and Dubai Museum which are both close by.
- Address - Ali Bin Abi Taleb Street, Al Souq Al Kabeer
- Open daily except Friday morning 09.00 to 22.00
- Times change during Ramadan
- Admission is free
9. Aquaventure Waterpark
Thrilling for all ages, this water park is attractively themed, it is low and gentle as well as high and fast, and it has plenty of eateries and relaxation areas to make it a full, fun day out.
- Address - Atlantis, Crescent Road,The Palm Jumeirah
- Open daily 10.00 to 18.30
- Admission – various ticket offers are available – price guideline Adults £55/Children £45
- Admission is free when staying at Atlantis The Palm
- Combination tickets with other Atlantis attractions may be bought
- Tickets may be bought online
10. Motiongate Dubai
Hollywood movies get the magic of Dubai treatment. See films like Shrek, Ghostbusters, The Hunger Games and Underworld, turned into sensational attractions. There are characters to have photos with, movie sets and behind the scenes insights. A great day out for all ages.
- Address - Dubai Park & Resorts, Sheikh Zayed Road , Near Palm Jebel Ali
- Open summer 15.00/16.00 to 22.00/midnight
- Admission – tickets for one day/one theme park from AED85. One day/two theme parks from AED195. There are summer offers so check for the latest offers online.
- Parking charges – AED20 or preferred AED80 (free parking offers often apply)
- Suggest you plan your visit to Legoland/Bollywood/Legoland Water Park/Motiongate in one go to get the best rate
As Dubai has so much to offer our list cannot end at ten. You’ll probably want to include 11 to 20 too!
- Palm Islands
- Dubai Creek
- Palm Jumeirah & Jumeirah Beach
- Dubai Gold Souk
- The Lost Chambers Aquarium
- Dubai Dolphinarium
- Al Bastakiya
- The World
- Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo