So what’s so special about golf at the fabulous JA Jebel Ali Golf Resort, Dubai? We’re taking a look at the course, the facilities and how suitable it is for beginners and experienced golfers.
So what do we have?
- There are 9 holes but the availability of four tees allows you to play an 18-hole round
- The course was totally refurbished last year
- There is a fabulous Golf Academy
- There are wonderful golf professionals
- You’ll find swing analysis technology
Things to bear in mind
- Handicaps rules apply i.e. maximum handicap men 28/ladies is 36
- Consideration is given for golfers with a playing certificate, if accompanied by a handicap golfer
- Beginners can take lessons or use the practice facilities
- You will have to rent a golf cart
When can you play?
- October to April 07.00 onwards
- May to September 06.30 to nightfall
- Golf Reception & Pro-Shop open 06.30 to 21.00
- Driving range open 06.30 to 19.45 (last bucket 19.15)
Beginners – you are in good hands
The superb Golf Academy here has experienced PGA Professionals who will make learning fun and rewarding. You’ll develop and improve your standard of play and enjoyment of the game in general.
To help you achieve
There are few clubs with better facilities, and to make sure you can take advantage of the cooler evenings, much is floodlit. As an improver you’ll find professional instruction and a whole raft of facilities, including:
- Floodlit driving range with Bermuda grass tees
- Target greens, bunkers & yardage markers
- Floodlit private tee for lessons and group clinics
- Floodlit greens for putting, pitching, chipping & bunker practice
- Indoor air-conditioned video-analysis swing centre
A great way to start can be with a 90-minute group clinic which is designed to introduce the game to new players – you come to Dubai on holiday and leave, hooked on golf!
Cost of learning
You can choose individual or group lessons – a one-off, or a course – this is your holiday, you choose. For family or group wishing to learn together, the individual lesson costs will be modified to suit. The cost of a private half hour will be AED210, whilst a series of five, half-hours, plus a two-hour course lesson is AED1700.
The great thing about JA Resorts is that it's never far from the sand in the bunker to the sand on the beach - and a sun-lounger!