Bed and breakfast
• Half Board
• Full Board
‘5-Star PADI Diving - Fabulous Dining Choices’
Nestled on the atoll of Dhidhoofinolhu, LUX* South Ari Atoll is an island paradise complete with 4km white-gold beach, only 25 minutes away by seaplane from the capital of Malé. There are 187 villas located alongside the beach or perched on stilts over the lagoon each with an outdoor private terrace. The resort has a 5* PADI dive centre and snorkelling in the Indian Ocean is a must. There are two infinity pools, tennis courts, a fitness centre and spa as well as a Kids’ Club to keep the young ones entertained. On the island there are 8 restaurants including East Market which is an Asian market inspired venue and UMAMI which is dedicated to the theatrics of resident sushi and teppanyaki knife masters. For aperitifs or after dinner drinks there are five bars including Beach Rouge which has a fashionable beach club vibe.
In Our Opinion
‘Take a Whale Shark Search – they are a sight to behold. In the sheltered lagoon you can snorkel with coral fish, baby black tip reef sharks and sometimes Manta Ray. This is an underwater paradise’
Thatched room Maldivian accommodation with private garden and direct beach access.
Situated close to the beach this villa has a king-size bed and bathroom with outdoor tub. Perfect for families as their is direct beach access and space to play.
Situated over water this villa has direct access to the lagoon from a sun deck with day bed.
These pavilions feature two bedrooms, an open-space bathroom and living area. The private terrace overlooks lagoon views.
Overlooking the lagoon this villa has an outdoor terrace and sunken plunge pool.
Suspended on stilts over water this villa has direct access to the lagoon. The villa has a terrace with day bed and private pool.
Designed for couples this villa has a terrace with dining area and cabana overlooking a private infinity pool.
The LUX* Villa has a private infinity pool and glass floored areas of the living room to allow direct fish-watching beneath. There is a bedroom, living/dining room and bathroom with tub looking out over the ocean, separate shower and two vanities.
You can choose to take an All Inclusive package at this resort; you can also opt for the LUX* It Up as detailed below (subject to change and update)
Included in the All Inclusive Package:
Food & Beverage
• Breakfast at MIXE and East Market
• Lunch at Senses Lounge and Bar, Veli Bar, Lagoon Bar and Beach Rouge
• Dinner in up to 4 restaurants including a la carte at Senses and Allegria buffet at MIXE and East Market
• Afternoon high tea served at Senses Lounge and Bar 15:00 - 17:00
• Soft drinks, tea, coffee, beer, wine, juices, mineral water, cocktails and liquors are available at all restaurants and bars
• Tea & coffee facilities in each room
• Mini bar which includes: water, soft drinks and beers (replenished once per day)
• Yoga & stretching classes, access to sauna, steam room plunge pool and spa garden
• Daily use of snorkelling equipment, kayas, pedal boats and scheduled snorkelling trips on the house reef
• Access to the gym, floodlit tennis courts, table tennis, bocce balls and beach volleyball
• Live music
• Weekly Maldivian cultural performance
• Free Wi-Fi connection in the resort
• Beach service
• Poolside service – available at the Lagoon Bar and Senses beach only
• All Inclusive begins upon arrival and finishes at departure time from hotel for individual guests
• The remaining duration of stay must be on the same meal plan basis
• No compensation in cash or kind will be offered for non-consumed items
• Families or friends travelling as a group or party must be booked under the same package conditions
• All drink and food items are for personal consumption only and must be ordered one at a time. Any drink or food item offered to a non-resident or visitor will be charged at list prices
• Unami Restaurant
• Items not included in the menus in the restaurants, bars and minibars
• In villa dining
• Tennis balls
• Cigars / cigarettes / shisha
• Telephone calls, fax, laptop rental and postal services
• Items from the boutiques
• Bicycle rentals
• Private lessons, such as: tennis, sailing, kite-surfing fitness
• Treatments at the spa
• Scuba diving
• Deep sea fishing
• Special evenings, events and dinners
Lux* It Up Package
Food & Beverage
• One beach dinner at Allegria Beach or Senses Beach with a chef’s signature dish per adult per stay. (Drinks are included)
• One beach breakfast per adult, per stay
• One bottle of LUX* Maldives’ Pop Cap upon arrival per room, per stay
• One wine tasting session per adult, per stay
• One 60 minute relaxing massage per adult, per stay
• One 60 minute yoga lesson per adult, per stay
• One 60 minute fitness lesson per adult, per stay
• 15 minute jet ski session, or banana boat ride
• One 30 minute Balinese massage per adult, per stay
• Unlimited free bicycle rental for entire stay
• One spa technique lesson per adult, per stay
• One cooking class per adult, per stay
• One 3 hour session of babysitting per stay
• One sunset cruise per stay
• One sunset fishing per adult, per stay
• One whale shark safari per adult, per stay
• One visit of a typical Maldivian Island per adult, per stay
• All items are for personal use and cannot be offered to any other person than the paying client of this package
• No compensation in cash, or kind, will be offered for non-consumed items
• Not applicable for guests under the age of 18
An island unlike any other, LUX* South Ari Atoll is the only settlement in the stunning atoll of Dhidhoofinolhu. The captivating scenery certainly lends itself to romance and lovers will find their natural habitat here.
Lux* South Ari Atoll is a romantic destination in the Indian Ocean the perfect spot for a honeymoon. The resort welcomes newly wed couples with the following:
The Maldives makes an idyllic destination for your special day, and the resort offers the following packages to help you celebrate.
It is not possible to have a legally recognised wedding in the Maldives; this ceremony is for effect only. Guests may choose to have this ceremony after a legal UK ceremony.
‘Island Dream’ Wedding Package (subject to change)
Dates and prices on application
• Euro Divers five-star PADI certification
• Discover scuba diving
• Scuba diver
• Open water diver
*Additional charges apply
Tables are set out under thatched roofs on the beach and live cooking stations and wood fired ovens provide the food. In the evening enjoy performances by local entertainers. Open for breakfast and lunch.
Inspired by Middle Eastern and Indian Ocean food, Senses specialises in tagines, tandoori dishes and tropical sorbets. Overlooks the infinity pool. Open for light lunch and dinner.
The place for cocktails, rums, liquers, beers and spirits as well as Sri Lankan teas in the afternoon. Open during the day. Afternoon tea from 17.00 – 19.00.
Asian-market inspired restaurant where dishes from Thailand, China, Taiwan, Vietnam and the Philippines are served from interactive stalls and live cooking stations. The terrace overlooks the ocean. Breakfasts are European, fresh baguettes, pastries and croissants alongside fresh fruits. Open for breakfast and dinner.
Located on the beach and specialising in Italian fare this restaurant and bar presents live cooking stations where pizzas pastas and gnocchi are created. Wine cellar. Open for dinner.
Umami is perched on stilts over the water and is where chefs prepare Japanese-style teppanyaki dishes along with sake and Japanese whiskies. Open for dinner.
Fresh pizzas from a wood-fired oven baked to perfection. A beach club in the Maldives. Open for lunch and dinner.
Poolside venue with far reaching ocean views and refreshing drinks. Open during the day.
On the beach and perfect for the sunrise the Lagoon bar is by the water sports centre and is a laid back watering hole. Open during the day.
LUX*’s very own island coffee blend served here, derived from green organic beans roasted on the island and prepared with care and passion by its baristas. Open during the day.
East Bar is the hip place to hang out, literally! Relax in nets floating above the waters of swing on double seats on the deck. Spend the evening sipping on a chilled drink or socialising. Open in the evening until midnight.
Situated in the South Ari Atoll just 25 minutes by sea plane from the capital Malé, and from the airport. Flights operate during daylight hours.
LUX* South Ari Atoll welcomes families with children of all ages and offers the following facilities and services to ensure they have an enjoyable stay.
• All room types can accommodate at least one child
• The Family Lagoon Pavilion can accommodate a large family
• Lunch is served at PLAY between 12:00 – 13:00 for children ages 3 – 12
• High chairs are available
• Allegria Restaurant And Bar is available for dinner 18:00 – 23:00
Beach & Sea
• 4km of sand around the resort
• Calm waters
• White sand
• There is a doctor located on site
• 3 – 12
• 09:00 – 19:00
Indoor activities include
• Coconut painting
• Bodu beru dance
• Shell necklace making
• Henna painting
• Palm weaving
• Pirate crafts
• Puppet making
• Yoga classes
• Cake decorating
• Kids disco
Outdoor activities include
• Crab racing
• Treasure hunts
• Teddy tennis
• Banana ride
• Mini Olympics
• Mixology classes
• Fish feeding
• Visit to a herb and orchid garden
• 12 – 17
• 10:00 – 19:00
Indoor activities include:
• Video game consoles
• Soccer table
• Table tennis
• Non-alcoholic bar
• Language classes
• Local dance classes
Outdoor activities include:
• Water sports activities
• Cinema night
• A babysitting service is available on request
• One 3 hour session of babysitting per stay is available as part of the LUX* It Up package