Bed and breakfast
‘Picturesque Pampering & Exhilarating Water Sports
Included in Condé Nast Johansens’ eight most indulgent spa treatment resorts on earth in 2015, Shangri La’s Villingili Resort & Spa is located on the Addu Atoll in the south equator. Presented as a sprawling mesh of gardens, the resort features a variety of secluded and contemporary accommodation options that are built up on stilts, over-water, on the pristine stretch of 6km beachfront or amongst the gardens. There is a certain emphasis on the selection of water and land sports punctuated by diving amongst the coral beds and a 9-hole golf course featuring predominantly par-3 holes. Experience CHI, The Spa – with its speciality Ayurveda and Asian treatments, or simply watch the world go by in one of the three savoury restaurants.
In Our Opinion
‘With its self-contained villas, family activity options and a golden beach, Shangri La’s Villingili is able to satisfy the needs of families and honeymooners in equal measures'
Connected to the main island by way of a timber walkway, these Water Villas are built on stilts over the resort’s lagoon.
The Pool Villa combines a bedroom and bathroom that offers an oval bathtub and indoor – outdoor shower facilities. A private pool is the undoubted highlight of the Villa which is positioned near the terrace.
Providing ample seclusion and privacy surrounded by vegetation, the Deluxe Pool Villa features an infinity pool, a wooden sundeck and a garden.
The villa is equipped with a bathroom and bedroom, as well as ample outdoor space accentuated by the presence of an infinity pool and a terrace.
Perched on stilts and nestled in seclusion, the Tree House Villa is ideally positioned amongst greenery and views of the Indian Ocean.
Your introduction to the Beach Villa begins with a rustic thatched roof entry gate leading in to a landscaped courtyard. A private infinity pool is accompanied by a secluded terrace which leads on to the beach.
With separate facilities located adjacent to one another, the Two Bedroom Beach Villa has two separate bedrooms and the two villas share an infinity pool, large patio and sundeck from which guests can directly access the beach.
Villa Muthee has a terrace and views of the surrounding seascapes, or as well as a private infinity pool. Villa Muthee also has an over-water spa and a pavilion.
The jewel in the crown at Shangri La’s Villingili, Villa Laalu features two high ceiling bedrooms, a separate living room, bathroom and a private infinity pool or secluded spa pavilion.
Villingili Golf Course is situated on seven and a half hectares on the southern end of Villingili Island. Designed and managed by Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, the course is a nine-hole golf course, most of which are par 3 and there are also par 4 holes.
The course averages 112 metres in length and is a recreational, although challenging and scenic course. A diversity of palms and flora dominate the land challenges, while there are also notable areas of beach and turquoise lagoons.
The golf course features a clubhouse with a pro shop, equipment rental and café.
The golf course is open 07:00 – 19:00.
A resort that is included in a list of the eight most indulgent spa resorts on earth could not be a more perfect choice for a honeymoon. The resort offers the following extras:
Honeymoon Offer One – 7 nights or more – Complimentary
• One bottle of sparkling wine on arrival
• Romantic room decoration
• 60-minute massage
• Bride stays complimentary on all food and beverage offerings from 1st of May to 31st of October
• Complimentary upgrade to Water Villa from 1st of May to 31st of October
Honeymoon Offer Two – 10 nights or more – Complimentary
• All the benefits of Offer One
• One romantic dinner during stay
• Minimum 7 nights stay as applicable
• Wedding must be within 9 months of arrival date
• Proof of marriage to be presented on arrival
• Advanced Open Water Diver
• Discovery Scuba Diving
• Open Water Diver
• Specialty courses
Diving facilities are available 08:00 – 18:00.
A unique yoga pavilion overlooks the Indian Ocean, where guests are treated to massages and Indian Ayurvedic treatments.
• Body massage
• Indian Ayurvedic treatments
• Asian massages
Open 10:00 – 22:00
Children under the age of 16 are not permitted in the spa
Bed and breakfast
Shangri La’s Villingili Resort & Spa is located on Villingili Island in the Addu Atoll of the Maldives, a 70 minute flight from the capital of Malé and its international airport and a five minute boat ride from Gan International Airport.
• 70 minutes by plane from Male International Airport
• 8 minute boat ride from Gan airport on Addu atoll
• 6km of coastline and 2km of white sandy beach
• Five nearby islands located on a 17 kilometre road
• Very close to around 25 dive sites teeming with marine life
• Many nature trails to be explored
• 30 minute boat ride to the 140 metre ‘British Loyalty’ shipwreck
Shangri La’s Villingili Resort & Spa welcomes families with children of all ages and offers the following facilities and services to ensure they have an enjoyable stay.
• All accommodation options at Shangri La’s Villingili Resort & Spa can facilitate up to two children
• The Two Bedroom Beach Villa & Villa Laalu provide two bedroom
• Guests under the age of 12 enjoy complimentary buffet meals in all day dining and pool cafes when accompanied by a paying adult
Beach & Sea
• White gold sand at beach
• Warm waters
• Gradual entrance to waters
• There are two swimming pools at the resort
• A house doctor is on call
Family entertainment / activities
• Aside from any children’s club does the hotel offer activities for families to enjoy together?
The Cool Zone
• 4 - 12
• 09:00 – 19:00
Indoor activities include:
• Face painting
• Arts & crafts
• Treasure hunt
• Pirate adventure
• Jungle discovery
• Crab hunting and racing
• Underwater adventures
• Island fitness
• Babysitting is available at the resort