‘A Hospitable Haven Under Glorious African Skies’
Overlooking the Matjies River Gorge, this congenial hub is where it all happens.; you are invited to kick off your shoes, grab a icy drink from the bar and relax . There are three lounge areas to escape to for reading or watching through binoculars; they enjoy an outlook onto of the indigenous forest valley and Tsitsikama Mountains or for bird lovers the Ficus lounge where an ancient fruit-laden tree is a favourite with Plett's prolific bird community. At the centre of the Main House is their famously large dining room table where guests can plan their daily activities over breakfast and unwind in the evening around a candle-lit table laden with gourmet delights.
In Our Opinion
‘Hog Hollow Country Lodge exists primarily because of the spectacular attractions that surround it so whenever you wish to explore you will have umpteen inspiring choices; your tranquil base with its pool, sauna and serene spaces is a home in which to be yourself and relax with your thoughts’
The inviting suites feature earthy colours with a zing and hand crafted artefacts
The Villa at Hog Hollow is about 400 metres from the main lodge and still on the private nature reserve; it’s a three bedroomed double storey house with extraordinary views over the valley and Tsitsikamma Mountains.
Hog Hollow is situated 40km from Knysna with the local town about 20km from the lodge; it is edged by the warm Indian Ocean sandy yellow beaches with Robberg Peninsula as an ever present backdrop,
• Whale and dolphin boat trips
• Walks on the Robberg Peninsula
• Nelson’s Cave which traces humankind back over 100 000 years
• Keurbooms River boat trips
• Tandem Ski Dive
Children are welcome at Hog Hollow and they are in for a real treat with lots of adventures; there is no TV at Hog Hollow and no fireplaces in the family friendly double storey suites.
• Three double storey suites suitable for children aged 12 and under
• Organised on request
Amenities and facilities
• Special turndowns each evening
• Glass of fresh milk & a gingerbread man each evening
• Children’s stories / box of toys
• Buckets & spades & body boards for family days at the beach
Parents should be aware
• Hog Hollow Country Lodge is set on the edge of the Matjies River gorge and as such it has a very steep landscape profile
• The family rooms have specially designed balconies which are higher
• There are unfenced dams / pool - supervision is needed
• Early dinner times if required 17.30 to 18.30
• Families eating at scheduled time of 19.30 will be allocated their own table
• Special children’s menu / chef open to chat about alternatives
• Special dietary needs catered for – please ask in advance
Our friendly, helpful and knowledgeable travel concierge team are available to talk you through any questions, queries or concerns you may have about planning your next holiday. If you’re ready to start that conversation now, call us on 01204 269 010 but if not, schedule a call in with us below and a member of our concierge team will phone you to help you plan the holiday you deserve.