‘Friendly, Peaceful Location with Great Game Spotting’
Lion Sands River Lodge is a truly relaxed and friendly safari experience. Situated along the banks of the Sabie River, this lodge overlooks the stunning vistas of the Sabi Sand Reserve as well as Kruger National Park. The traditional-looking rooms are comfortable and luxurious and provide a peaceful haven away from the excitement of the safaris. Meals are served at the central lodge and in between game drives and bush walks guests are free to lounge around and indulge in the pools or the spa. For a safari holiday that has a balance between exciting adventures and peaceful downtime, this is the perfect place.
In Our Opinion
‘This lodge is available to those over the age of ten only so it makes a great place for couples or families with older children.’
An inviting and tranquil suite with beautiful views.
A spacious suite with luxurious furnishings and great views.
One of the finest safari experiences in Africa! Enjoy close up sightings of big game as well as enjoying the other flora and fauna of Africa. The game reserve has one of the highest densities of wildlife in Africa and due to using sound environmental practices, wildlife are easier to spot and feel less threatened by visitors.
The reserve runs two game drives per day – one in the early morning and one in the early evening, times when the temperature is best for animals to wander about. Game drives take place in Land Rovers with experienced and qualified guides who will provide you with information about the land and its inhabitants.
As well as game drives, the following safari activities are also available:
• Bush walks
• Riverbank walks
• Wildlife lectures
• Bush breakfasts, lunches & dinners
• Three meals a day
• Tea & coffee
• Soft drinks, local brand beers & spirits & house wines (Foreign Individual Travellers only)
• Two game drives daily with FGASA qualified ranger & tracker
• Game drive refreshments & snacks
• Specialised inclusive safari activities (see Facilities)
• Mini bar in room
• Soft drinks, local brand beers & spirits & house wines (Groups)
• Premium brand beers, spirits, cellar wines & champagnes
• Cigars & cigarettes
• All flights & transfers
• Phone calls
• Curio shop purchases
• Spa treatments
• Sabi Sand entrance fees
Lion Sands River Lodge is situated in a peaceful area along the banks of the Sabie River in the Lion Sands Game Reserve. Guests here can see views overlooking the Kruger National Park. Nearby you can find:
• Surrounds unique flora and fauna
• Overlooking a river
• Johannesburg to Lion Sands: 5 hrs
• Skukuza Airport to Lion Sands:25 mins
• Phalaborwa Airport to Lion Sands: 3hrs
• Hoedspruit Airport to Lion Sands: 2hrs 15 mins
• KMI Airport to Lion Sands: 1hr 45 mins
• Hazyview to Lion Sands: 1hr
• Paul Kruger Gate to Lion Sands:45 mins
Our friendly, helpful and knowledgeable travel concierge team are available to talk you through any questions, queries or concerns you may have about planning your next holiday. If you’re ready to start that conversation now, call us on 01204 867 139 but if not, schedule a call in with us below and a member of our concierge team will phone you to help you plan the holiday you deserve.