Cookie usage at Destinology
When you visit the Destinology website with your browser set to accept cookies, this informs us that you agree to our use
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device and contains annonymous information about your visit to that website.
A cookie allows a website to remember elements of your visit, such as your preferences, recently viewed items or what is in your shoping basket.
Cookies enhance your interaction with a website, for example when you log into a website, the website is able to keep you logged in as you browse the website.
To identify you when you log in to the Destinology website, in order for us to provide product recommendations, display recently viewed hotels, recent searches,
and other customised features.
- Display content based on your browsing preferences.
- Arrange third-party internet adverts based your browsing preferences on the Destinology website.
- Conduct research on the users of the Destinology website to improve the content, design, products and services offered.
- Prevent fraudulent activity or payments on the Destinology website.
- Improve overall security of the Destinology website.
Cookies and Browser Settings
The Help menu that can be found on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when
you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons by
changing the add-on's settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
What if I don't want cookies to be set on my computer?
If you wish, you may block some or all cookies or delete existing cookies. However by doing this, please be aware that some areas of the website will not function in the way that they
were intended, as outlined above.