‘Super-luxurious Stay, Prolific Wildlife’
Supai and welcome, to Mahali Mzuri, Sir Richard Branson’s safari camp with a difference. Mahali Mzuri is committed to providing an exclusive safari experience which has a low impact on the ecosystem. The camp has just 12 luxury, eco-friendly tented suites and fosters an informal, friendly atmosphere. The safari camp has no fences and experiences wandering game in close proximity; on a typical game drive guests can expect to see lion, leopard, elephant, rhino, wildebeest, zebra, cheetah, giraffe, impala, hyena, warthog and buffalo plus much more. Although crowds gather for the magnificent annual migration, this area has excellent wildlife viewing all year round.
In Our Opinion‘Exclusive and super-friendly, Mahali Mzuri is small and elite without the formality. For a top class safari experience with pretty much guaranteed wildlife viewing you will find this hard to beat’
Each luxury tented suite comes with tent flaps that can be rolled up or down to adjust the light. The tent suites are the perfect place from which to view the wildlife that will undoubtedly wander through.
Safari options at Mahali Mzuri include:
• Guided game drives & night game drives
• Full day excursions
• Guided bush walks
• Walking safari
Game drives are available twice a day, most lasting for half the day and others lasting a full day. The camp also offers walking safaris as part of the game drives - a great chance to get up close and personal with some of Kenya's residents! Full day excursions are available and even night drives to look for mainly nocturnal game including aardvarks and honey badgers.
On a typical game drive guests can expect to see animals such as: lions, leopards, elephants, rhinos, wildebeest, zebras, cheetah, giraffes, impala, hyenas, warthogs and buffalos to name a few. Wildlife viewing remains excellent all year round here however the really big draw is the Great Migration, where a million wildebeest and hundreds of thousands of giraffes, gazelles, zebras and other game move through Kenya and Tanzania, passing close to the camp. No matter when you visit though, a holiday to Mahali Mzuri will remain in your memories forever.
This property operates on an all-inclusive safari board basis comprising:
• Daily game drives and game drives at night in all 13,500 hectares
• All meals and drinks (including alcoholic beverages)
• Unlimited access to the exclusive Olare Orok and Motorogi Conservancies
• Transfers from the Mara North airstrip
• Guided bush walks
• Visits to the local markets
• Wireless internet throughout the camp
• Laundry service (except dry cleaning)
• All taxes and local levies
• Guided game drives – full day excursions are available and even night drives to look for mainly nocturnal game including aardvarks and honey badgers
• Walking safari to get up close and personal - ages 12 and above
• Telescope to view the night sky minus the air and light pollution
• Viewing decks where you can relax and enjoy the view either day or night
Not Included (available on request for an extra fee):
• Transfers to the domestic airport & internal flight connections
• Spa treatments
• Cultural trips about the Maasai Tribe
• Trips to Maasai Mara National Reserve
Mahali Mzuri is committed to conservation and the safari camp has been built with this in mind. The site has been positioned specifically so that it does not interfere with wildlife or waterways and also wooded areas. Constructed from sustainable products where possible, the tent suites have been designed in such a way as to avoid using harmful cooling and heating systems, further protecting the environment.
Water conservation is also in operation at Mahali Mzuri. The camp gets its water from a bore hole which is then filtered for use. Waste water is treated using a bio-digester system and is then released back into the environment and all water is heated using solar energy.
Mahali Mzuri works to guarantee that every landowning member of the Maasai people is guaranteed a fair income and it also works to keep tourism numbers low to limit the impact on the environment.
• Viewing decks
• Telescope for stargazing
• 12-metre outdoor infinity pool
• Deck and indoor area for dining
• Guest bathrooms
• Insect repellent
• Security escort at night
• Security guards
• Wake up calls
Mahali Mzuri is a part of the Motorogi Conservancy in Kenya, a collection of four conservancies which cover a total area of 63,000-hectares in the Greater Maasai Mara ecosystem, on the edges of the Maasai Mara National Reserve.
The area is home to around 1,550 Maasai families and the four conservancies – Mahali Mzuri, Olare Orok, Mara North and Naboisho – all have the dual purpose of extending the protection of wildlife and ecosystem even further from the National Reserve and also supporting the needs of the Maasai families.
Trips can be arranged to the three other conservancies as well as to the National Reserve. A great way to see more of the scenery though is take to the air and enjoy a hot air balloon trip.
Mahali Mzuri welcomes children above the age of 8 and provides the following facilities for the ‘little warriors’:
• 2 tents are equipped with fold-out sofa beds in the living room which can accommodate two children over 8 years
• Wide range of child-friendly meals available
• Security guards are on duty all night and will pay particular attention to tents occupied by children
Mahali Mzuri Kid's Club
Children over the age of 8 are welcomed to the kid's club for 'little warriors'. Activities are tailored to suit the needs and wants of individual children or groups and each child is given a backpack containing fun and educational goodies. Typical activities include:
• Treasure hunt
• Photography lessons
• DVDs such as Lion King & Madagascar
• Excursions to spot birds and lizards
• Bedtime stories with milk and cookies
• Games consoles
• There are first aid facilities and practitioners around the camp. The camp also has AMREF Flying Doctors on call.
• Can be arranged with experienced members of staff