‘Rainforest Villas and Suites – Malaysian Hospitality at its Heart’
Situated in the rainforest of Langkawi, The Datai is surrounded by breath-taking views of the surrounding landscapes, Datai Bay and the Andaman Sea. The Villas and Suites are arranged as the Canopy Collection in the main building, the Rainforest Collection inside the tropical grounds of the estate and the Beach Collection which have direct access to the beach of Datai Bay. The hotel has three pools including a family pool with toddler wading area, a spa, fitness centre and tennis courts. At the beach there is access to a variety on non-motorised water sports. For dining there are five restaurants tucked in the rainforest, beside the beach or as part of the main hotel building.
In Our Opinion
‘During 2018 The Datai, Langkawi has undergone major renovations which have been lovingly undertaken to protect the precious location and habitat. You must visit the new Nature Centre and take a walk into the rainforest with resident Naturalist Irshad Mobarak, to see the habitat after dark – you might be lucky and see the resident flying Lemurs’
• Three Pools including a family pool with toddler wading area
• Fitness Centre
• Yoga & Pilates
• Non-motorised water sports
• 18 Hole Chapmpionship Golf*
• Cookery Classes*
• Resident Naturalist
*Additional charges apply
• Airport transfers
• Rainforest day or night walks
• Mangrove Trail
• Coral Reef Exploration
• Jungle trails to natural pools and waterfalls
• Langkawi UNESCO Geopark mangrove cruise
• Cable Car Visit
Additional charges apply
Room Type Selection:
• Combined living and bedroom area with balcony
• Two comfortable day beds
• Private mini bar
• Spacious bathroom with dressing area
• Twin vanity unit
• Bathtub and shower
• Much larger internal space than Deluxe Room
• Oversized day bed
• Dining table for two people
• 37” LCD flat screen TV with DVD player
• Bose CD surround system
• Lavazza coffee machine
• Large bathroom with twin vanity unit, rainfall shower and his and her wardrobes
• As above but with plunge pool with built in Jacuzzi
The Corner and End Suites have individual bedrooms with en suite bath. Separate living and dining areas add a sense of spaciousness.
Pool Suites are located within close proximity to the beach and Beach Club. Each suite comprises a bedroom with living area, a spacious bathroom, dressing area and a private deck. Every two suites are adjoined by sheltered link ways, and share a private swimming pool, a fitted kitchen, as well as common living and dining areas.
The Datai Suite has two bedrooms, an ample living room with separate dining area, and a fully equipped kitchen. Panoramic ocean views are best enjoyed on the large balcony that fringes the suite.
The Mandara Spa can accommodate individuals or couples in each of its four pavillions and offers a host of exotic spa treatments that combine the spirit and traditions of Bali with the mysticism of Langkawi’s ancient rainforests The Datai’s private white sand beach is the perfect place to sit and soak up some sun while enjoying the crystal-clear azure waters of the Andaman Sea. The Datai boasts not one but two swimming pools. The larger of the two rectangular pools is elevated among the forest canopy, with stunning views through the tree tops to the sea below The Pavillion Situated high up in the rainforest canopy, The Pavillion serves authentic Thai cuisine in an open-air setting The Dining Room Malaysian and western specialities are served in the Dining Room at breakfast, lunch and dinner The Beach Club At The Beach Club guests can enjoy alfresco dining by the sea. Lobby Lounge* Guests can savour a host of cocktails and snacks at The Lobby Lounge while enjoying panoramic views of the Andaman Sea.
Authentic Thai cuisine served underneath the canopy, surrounded by rainforest. A superb tropical dining experience with excellent flavours.
The Dining Room
Open for all three meals of the day, and a good choice to come to and sample typical Malay dishes, as well as staple Western favourites.
The Beach Club
Spends hours day dreaming overlooking the Andaman Sea with a cool cocktail, beer or glass of wine.
Adult orientated focus with drinks being served after 20:00.
The Gulai House
Located just a short walk from the hotel, a trip to The Gulai House comes highly recommended. Cross an old ‘Titi’ bridge into this traditional open air house and experience Malay or Indian cuisine daily. Music and dance shows are scheduled each Sunday evening from 20:00 – 22:00.
The perfect holiday for body and soul, and what more suitable location than a naturally formed tropical rainforest? The spa utilises locally sourced ingredients and offers such treatments as traditional Malay massage, Balinese massage and Rainforest harmony. Couple spa sessions are a great idea for honeymooners.
• Babysitting menu
• Kids menus in restaurants
• Children’s pool - While the Datai Langkawi is an excellent holiday retreat for families, parents of young children are kindly requested to use the resorts secondary pool as the main pool is reserved for guests aged 16 years and above.
The Datai welcomes Honeymooners or couples celebrating their anniversary by offering the following
• Bouquet of flowers on arrival
• Fruit basket on arrival
• Bottle of Champagne
• Upgrade to next room category if available
• Must be stated when making reservation.
• Minimum of 3 consecutive nights stay
• Upgrade not applicable to suites and beach villas
• Not combinable with other offers
The Datai, Langkawi is a captivating location for your wedding.
Each wedding that takes place at the Datai, Langkawi is bespoke – carefully co-ordinated by the onsite wedding specialist who will help you plan your ultimate ceremony.
Set on the north-west tip of island of Langkawi, off the coast of West Malaysia The Datai Langkawi is 40 minutes by car from Langkawi International Airport.
• Temurun Waterfall – 4 miles 10 mins by car
• Perdana Quay Lighthouse – 12 miles 24 mins by car
• Langkawi Cable Car – 13 miles 29 mins by car
• Kuah Town – 27 miles 55 mins by car