‘Spacious, welcoming, modern’
A stay at the Madikwe Safari Lodge is the smart way to see this delightful snippet of South Africa. An immense beautiful reserve borders this great lodge, where each and every suite features a spacious en-suite bathroom, indoor and outdoor shower, external wooden deck with plunge pool and large sitting room for relaxation after a morning or afternoon game drive. Discover the Big Five and don’t forget the diverse bird life at this harmonious natural paradise.
In Our Opinion
‘Appealing for both couples and families. Plunge pools within the suites are a really nice addition’
• Dining room
• Guest lounge
Meals are served in the African Boma (outdoor enclosure) and blend authentic South African home cooking with traditional flavours and recipes.
Game Drives: Start your day with an early morning game drive. Professional rangers are able to assist you tracking African wildlife. Some of the game you could see include the Big Five (Lion, Rhino, Elephant, Leopard and Buffalo). Other wildlife include Cheetah, Oryx, Wild Dog and Impala. Bring a camera!
Bush Walks: Interactive bush walks allow you to get close to nature. Learn more about the surrounding African bush while keeping an eye out for over 250 different bird species. Some of the birds you could see include the Crimson-breasted Shrike, Martial Eagle, Cape Vulture and Carmine Bee-eater.
• Children are welcome to stay at Madikwe Safari Lodge
• Maximum of 3 children aged 11 years and younger can be accommodated in triple rooms at any one time
• Children aged 5 years and younger not permitted on game drives
• Babysitters are available at an additional cost
• Children aged between 6 years and 11 years are allowed to participate in game drives only at the manager's discretion.
• There are only 2 triple suites available in a camp at any one time
• Situated in the heart of the malaria free Madikwe Game Reserve
• Game drives and interactive bush walks ( see Special Features )
• Johannesburg: 4.5 hr drive