‘A spring in your step’
The Plettenberg is one of Relais & Chateaux’s most prestigious properties, managing to combine a quite wonderful position where sea, mountain and sand all feature prominently – with a heart warming tailored hotel experience. Sightings of dolphins and whales are common from the hotel terraces and trips to the beach are a given – but this is a hotel with so much more than that. The heart and soul lies in The Plettenberg’s outstanding service and some fine cuisine helps them achieve some truly dizzying heights. This five star hotel delivers on many levels and comes strongly recommended.
In Our Opinion
‘The hotel offer a 3 night Suite Safari package which is available at the time of publication. Stay in style within a large suite and enjoy spa treatments and a cheetah experience all for one price. Please call for further details’
• Carchele Spa
• Beach Equipment
• 2 swimming pools, 1 of which is heated
• Meeting rooms
• Travel desk
• The collection boutique
Carchele Beauty Spa
The Carchele Beauty Spa is the perfect place to relax and unwind in a serene atmosphere; with an array of treatments including hot stone massage, aromatherapy and manicures and pedicures and massages for guests to choose from.
Sand at The Plettenberg
This restaurant embraces views of Formosa Bay that are unsurpassed along this stretch of the beautiful South African coast. The mood is relaxed, the décor stylish contemporary, and the food modern South African. Sand is open for breakfast, lunch, tea and dinner.
Cocktail bar offering a mix of designs from, glass, white leather, white marble, natural oak and clever concealed lighting and photographic art panels. A laid back casual ambience makes this a great place to relax with a martini or a Jack Daniels.
For a romantic dinner for two, book a table at this state-of-the-art Wine Cellar, surrounded by bottles and bottles of the best South African wines from an award-winning wine list, or for a guided tour of the cellar, ask the sommelier.
The Plettenburg hotel is very family friendly and welcomes families with children of all ages to stay and the hotel includes the following amenities to help make your stay more enjoyable.
Family Friendly Offerings
• Welcome notes and age appropriate activity packs for children
• Designated family activity areas
• Educational experiences
• Specially designed gourmet children’s menus
• Family picnics for daily excursions
• Babysitting services upon request
• Cots available on request
• Bucket and spades to build sandcastles
• Body boards to ride the waves
• Beach cricket and beach tennis
• Interactive cooking classes
• Create your own menu
• A selection of board games
• Popcorn and movies
• Playing in the puzzle park
• Walking with elephants
• Visiting the Monkeyland primate sanctuary
The Plettenberg hotel is located on the south coast of South Africa just outside of Plettenberg Bay only a 5 minute walk to the beach.
• 15 minutes from Plettenberg Bay Airport
• 35 minute drive from Garden Route National Park
• 2 hours 30 minutes from Port Elizabeth
• 5 minute walk to the beach