'Powder-white Sands, Charming Ocean-front Luxury'
Set in isolated splendour on the South West coast of the island, on 32 hectares of pristine land once occupied by the Shirazi princes, The Residence Zanzibar is a dream fit for a sultan. The Residence Zanzibar lies on a mile-long powdery white sand beach, flanked by coconut palm trees and the warm waters of the Indian Ocean. Your accommodation is in bright, contemporary island style single-storey buildings many of which are only feet from the ocean with private plunge pools. There are several intriguing excursion options within an hour’s drive whilst within the grounds are cycle trails, tennis and yoga plus a modern fitness centre and relaxing spa. By the ocean are several complimentary water sports to try and within easy reach, at an extra cost are dolphin cruises, diving, snorkelling etc. Dining is a pure delight with several styles from which to choose; sample fresh locally sourced ingredients and enjoy the stunning ocean views!
In Our Opinion
‘A superbly stylish property oozing the charm associated with the Residence group of properties; romantics will love the gentle ambience whilst families are also made welcome with a children’s club’
• One floodlit tennis court
• Bicycles (trails around the property)
• Fitness centre (07.00 to 20.00)
• Yoga classes on request
Water Activities (complimentary)
• Pedal boats
• Hobie cats
• Snorkelling trips (one per day)
Water Activities (at extra charge)
• Kite surfing (1 hour away)
• Deep sea fishing (1 hour away)
• Dolphin safari (20 minutes away)
• Dhow cruise (20 minutes away)
• Scuba diving (5 sites between 30 & 60 minutes away)
• Stone Town: with its bustling markets, winding alleyways, ornately carved and studded doors, is the vibrant cultural heart of Zanzibar and a UNESCO World Heritage Site
• The Jozani Natural Forest Reserve: home to the rare Red Colobus Monkey, unique to Zanzibar.
• Spice Plantations: to discover the history of Zanzibar, based on the trade of cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, pepper and many other spices
• Prison Island lies just off Stone Town: it is fringed with a beautiful coral reef, ideal for snorkelling and host to giant tortoises, originating from the Seychelles
• Ruins of Persian baths and Omani palaces: can be seen in various locations on the island
A walk along the 150m jetty hovering over the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean rewards guests with the best views of the beach. By day, The Jetty is a nautical club, at night time, once a week, The Jetty turns into the perfect sunset lounge bar where cocktails and canapés are served.
The hotel's star attraction is The Spa, which features six pavilions and a rest area with a whirlpool nestled amidst 2 hectares tropical gardens. The Spa blends seamlessly into the natural landscape providing the perfect escape for rejuvenating the mind, body and soul. In tradition with The Residence Hotels, the spa harmoniously combines the highest quality treatments with an unmatched expertise in service offering a range of beauty philosophies tailored for total relaxation and pure indulgence.
The Residence Zanzibar takes great care in ensuring all their guests and the children are well looked after, giving parents peace of mind and the confidence to relax and enjoy their holiday.
Multi-lingual, professionally trained staff provide endless entertainment and adventure with a myriad of activities in a spacious, air-conditioned club house.
• 3 to 12 years
• Daily 08.00 to 20.00
• Learn Swahili
• Bicycles rides
• Volley ball tournaments
• Hide and seek
• Available at an extra charge
The Residence is situated just 55 minutes from the airport and the capital Stone Town, on the south-west coast of the island. The village of Kizimkazi, famous for its dolphin Safaris, is just 20 minutes away.